“They remembered us”

Hampton Inn & Suites Pueblo/North
Ranked #5 of 27 Hotels in Pueblo
Reviewed August 22, 2011

Upon arrival at this Hampton we were greeted as usual but when we got into our room there was a card with our names on it and welcoming us back. We stayed there last year. The hotel is clean and bright with loads of restaurants within an easy walk. Highly recommend this one. No pets allowed what a plus!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wanderingwonders

Reviewed July 14, 2011

Loved the hotel, good location near the highway, but not so close that you get noise. Near plenty of food and shopping, Good for business, clean rooms with friendly staff in a newer property. My only complaint was the slower internet connection. Streaming on Hulu or netflix isn't happening at this hotel. The staff knows, but this would be a five star if they fixed it.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank FlyRugbyDad
Reviewed March 30, 2011

I started staying here right after the Hampton opened and wanted to wait before posting a review. I think this is a nice addition to Pueblo, considering the Wingate is getting a little old. The check in is always fast and easy, but I also have stayed here multiple times and a rewards member. The rooms are nicely decorated and similar to the typical Hampton size. The King bedrooms have a shower, while the double beds come with a tub. The bathroom has a nice granite single sink and is a decent size. Their towels are newer so they are not that rough yet! The bed is also one of the nicer mattresses in Pueblo (compared to the Best Western, La Quinta, Wingate, and Holiday Inn) for a hotel. My rooms have always been cleaned very well and equipped with at least three bath towels. Again, no double sheet on the duvet which is a pet peeve of mine, but I just go and ask for one. I also enjoy the homemade, fresh cookies in the evening! The breakfast is just ok. A selection of three cereals, some yogurt (typically activia and light and fit), a waffle maker, bagels and english muffin, a hot bar (typically potatoes, some kind of egg, and a sausage), juice, coffee, and tea. Again, nothing to write home about but it's ok if you don't require much for breakfast. The pool and hot tub are also very nice and there is a 24 hour workout room (equipped with three treadmills, an elliptical, stationary bike, and free weights). Overall, I choose this hotel on a weekly basis for work and have not found anything that would make me leave.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank luvbug28
Reviewed November 20, 2010

For Pueblo, this is one of the more posh hotels one easily finds in more cosmopolitan areas. If you're visiting from a metro area, you'll probably prefer this hotel to others in Pueblo due to more sophisticated decor, furniture, lay-out and ambience.

Lovely, quiet room sound-proofed against high-way noise half-mile away. Within walking distance of several restaurants and either a long walk or short drive (1/2 to 1 mile) to the widest variety of big box and strip mall stores in the area.

Staff was super friendly, room was immaculately clean, and our stay was quiet.

Only complaint is internet service, which is provided by Qwest. You can check your email and weather, but forget watching news clips, radar or anything requiring more than 500 kps. We ran a speed test and never once did download or upload exceed 600 kps. We weren't surprised to learn it was Qwest, given we just cancelled our personal Qwest (lack of) service due to sporadic and very unreliable service. We understood that due to similar complaints, the hotel is in process of contracting another ISP.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank abovethetreeline
Reviewed September 9, 2010

Our room was very dirty. Looked like no one cleaned this room. The bathroom was gross, I had to call down and they came and recleaned the bathroom, but they forgot to get the ANTS!!! We had littl sugar ants all over the bathroom. The hotel was full so they could not move us! the staff was friendly but they could not do anything with out the managers approval. I usually stay at hampton's and I am an honors member, but I will not stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank HoneyQ
Reviewed August 24, 2010

On a return visit, once again upgraded to a "King Studio Suite." Very nice. First room we were assigned to, though, had some quality control problems -- missing towels and a closet door not only off its tracks but which had been taken down and propped up inside the closet. Was immediately moved to room next door which was fine. Breakfast the typical Hampton fare, which is to say mediocre. Both our stays there we have encountered some of the nicest hotel staff we've ever dealt with. Lots of restaurant options within easy walking distance too.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mogon
Reviewed August 5, 2010

Stayed here for 3 nights on business. The lobby is new, modern, and impressive. The check-in staff was friendly. Upon entering my room, I liked the look of it (nicely decorated). I always check the cleaninliness of a room by looking at the bathroom. The corners of the floor had hair and tiny little rubber bands that go on braces (Ifound a couple of these throughout the room). There is a 1-cup coffee maker on hte bathroom vanity and there were coffe stains on the vanity (not from me, I don't drink coffee). There was noticeable dust on the dresser that holds the t.v., especially behind it, and at night I noticed handprints and fingerprints on the glass window. So, if the cleaning staff would just clean the bathroom floor, wipe the vanities, dust, and clean the inside window, it would be better. The beds and linens were clean and comfortable. I was on the 3rd floor and could hear people moving around above me; when a kid went skipping down the hallway it sounded like a herd of elephants. I heard the woman in the room below me coughing. SO, beware of noise around you. The hot breakfast was wonderful, and the hotel location is great (close to the Interstate and endless choices of restaurants nearby). The more I travel, the more I realize that finding a really clean hotel room isn't as easy as you'd think.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business