“A dump to the MAX”

Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Pueblo
Dallas
“A dump to the MAX”
Reviewed October 18, 2012 via mobile

When I pulled into the parking lot my first thought was it should be a decent little hotel...........I was mistaken! The beds are just a notch softer than sleeping on the floor. The manager told me that they just started to remodel but there were no real signs of a professional company doing so. She told me that they had started on the hallways first. I told her they should have started with the rooms. She then told me that this is a hotel and NOT my home, so that says to me she really don't care about the comfort of the hotel guest. I stay in Choice Hotels almost every time I travel and this by far is the worst I've been in.

• Stayed October 2012
GM-Amy, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Pueblo, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Thanks for staying with us. And for taking the time to write this review. We take your comments seriously and frankly, personally. Let me address your "productive" concerns.

From a previous review: "You will not meet a nicer and more considerate hotel manager than Louise.

All renovations are being done in accordance with Choice Hotels International guidelines.

We are consistently ranked highest in cleanliness.

In my minds eye your very own photos show that, even though you stayed in a room that has not yet been renovated, our hotel is most certainly NOT a "dump".

We refuse to let negativity deter us from doing our very best to provide an ultra-clean, comfortable room at a reasonable price.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed October 13, 2012

Visiting Pueblo, Colorado to see family, friends and business interests over the last forty years, we have stayed in numerous RV parks and hotels. We started staying at the Pueblo Sleep Inn some six to seven years ago. We usually make one to two trips per year. The management and staff of this hotel has made our stays so enjoyable that we would not consider staying anyplace else in the area. The accomodations are more than adaquate and the staff goes out of their way to see that your every need is met during your stay. The rooms are kept very clean and the beds are comfortable. The hotel is centrally located in southern Colorado and only two hours south of Denver. You will not meet a nicer group of individuals than the staff at this hotel. We would recommend to any one traveling in this part of Colorado to give the hotel and their staff a chance to make you welcome. You too will see how we feel about staying at the hotel. We give them an A plus rating !! You will not meet a nicer and more considerate hotel manager than Louise. We are happy to say that she has become our friend and when you meet her, you will see why. Sleep Inn regulars ~~ Mike & Barbara

Room Tip: the west side has the beautiful sunset
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
"You will not meet a nicer and more considerate hotel manager than Louise." Thank you for these kind words and for staying with us, as well as taking time to write this much appreciated review. It was a pleasure to serve a "nice and considerate" person such as yourself.
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed October 11, 2012

My elderly parents & I went on a road trip. By accident we came across the Sleep Inn. It was the best place we stayed during our trip. We arrived much earlier than their check in time. The lady at the desk did not hesitate when asked if we could check in HOURS before check in time. She was so kind to my parents as well to me. She helped my parents to the room while I got the luggage & offered to help me with my luggage. She called to the room later to ask if everything was ok. The next shift was also very nice. She was there in the morning the next day and again helped out with my parents. The breakfast was great! The inn was so comfy & very clean we decided to stay an extra night. I will be back!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Oscar A
Thanks!!! We are so glad that you had a nice stay. And thanks for taking the time to post this fantastic review, we really do appreciate it.
Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

Trains Trains trains trains trains trains trains trains trains Trains trains trains trains trains trains trains trains trains Trains trains trains trains trains trains trains trains trains. And did I mention that the hotel is right next to a high speed active train track?

• Stayed October 2012
GM-Amy, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Pueblo, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Sorry, obviously every room is not close to "train noise". The next reviewer here in fact talks of having a "very quiet room". We are sorry you had a bad experience. Certainly we would have moved you, if possible, or provided a full refund under the "Choice 100% satisfaction" guarantee, of course, if notified within a reasonable time after checkin. ...As a side note: You would be surprised how many stay all night, eat, swim, ask for late check out, then say they "weren't satisfied". haha. Anyway, sorry again. Please don't let this keep you from staying at "Sleep Inn" or "Choice Hotels" in the future.
Pueblo, Colorado
Reviewed October 5, 2012

I arrived early after a long trip across the country for a travel R.N. position, and was given a very clean and quiet room with no problem. I plan to stay here for my 13 week assignment. The people are very friendly. Mostly Kristie, Louise, and Joe took excellent care of me! Since I work night shift, I am always awake at night on my nights off, and if I needed anything in the middle of the night, I could always count on them to take care of me with no hassle!
Patti

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank patti s
Hi Patti,
Thanks so much for this great review, encouragement feels so good. I agree Kristie, Louise, and Joe are great people and always try their best. We enjoy "taking care" of wonderful people like you. Thanks again for staying with us.
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed June 2, 2012

The hotel is a tad dog eared and it is time for the owners to renovate. The beds were comfortable enough. One main complaint was with the Sleep Inn design in general. The bathroom was pitch black and the only outlet suitable for a nightlight was near the sink. This caused the sleeping area to be illuminated a too much. One of those very small night lights that are often found on blow dryers would be nice. Breakfast was meager - but they did have oranges and little sugar doughnuts. Also the obligatory waffle maker. One good note on breakfast was the syrup on the tables in a regular syrup container - nice not to have to mess with the little packages.

Room Tip: Higher floors would be best as noise travels easily.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
GM-Amy, General Manager at Baymont Inn & Suites Pueblo, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Renovations are underway to better serve you, our valued guest. We're upgrading to the new Sleep to Dream Package by Choice Hotels. But no worries NO mess here. Come on in and see! Thank you for this feed back it helps us know where we can improve.
Cardiff
Reviewed May 31, 2012

I usually look for discounts on better hotels before arriving, but this was at the end of a 12 hr drive, so we took it.

The room was clean, desk clerk friendly and helpful and they had a free cold breakfast, but we walked next door to Denney's. I thought the $85 price was high for the property and location.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple