“Comfortable, but Tacky”

SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown
Ranked #10 of 27 Hotels in Pueblo
Reviewed August 9, 2010

We arrived late at night, we were able to get checked in within 5 minutes. The check-in lady was very friendly. As we were walking through the hotel to the elevator, we noticed the pool (in close proximity to the elevator and some rooms) was jam-packed with children. The carpet in front of the elevator was visibly soaked. The room was nice, however in my opinion the decorations were somewhat tacky. We did have somewhat of a problem when we entered into the room. On the hotel website, they were pretty clear that the room we booked was a suite, with a separation between the bedroom and the living room. However, the room was NOT separated by a real separator, just a desk. This is hard for my family because one of our members snores and that wakes the rest of us. When we called the front desk, they were slightly less friendly and told us basically there was nothing they could do. They told us for an extra fee, they could give us a roll-away but that would not help us at all. The family member who snored eventually ended up sleeping on a chair in the living room, so that he wouldn't snore. The television didn't have a great signal or picture, but it was okay. The bed was comfortable. In the morning, unlike most hotels we stay at, the breakfast cost somewhere around $5 a person, which we found to be outrageous for the type of food they were serving. We had a quick checkout and we were on our way.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank tdoublem13

Reviewed July 13, 2010

We stayed in the Cambria Suites for one night and it was a very nice stay. We had the two-king bed suite, which was spacious enough for our kiddos to run around in. It was very quiet and the beds were very comfortable. The wireless internet was good. The hotel staff was very helpful and very kind. The only complaints I had were that there was not a free breakfast. Granted, it was inexpensive, as if you buy tickets the night before it's half price, but usually a hotel of this class has a free breakfast, and the breakfast buffet was no better than you find in most of these other hotels that offer it for free. The other complaint I had was the neighborhood itself.....lots of homeless folks around the hotel. My husband and I did eat at the bistro located in the lobby of the hotel, not expecting much, but the food was really good and reasonably priced. All in all, a pleasant stay and I would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank dbocaz
Reviewed April 5, 2010

My wife and I were visiting from Denver with plans to explore the Royal Gorge area the following day. Hotel staff is very friendly, food appetizing and guest suites very clean and modern. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 19, 2009

We stayed in a 2 Queen bed suite. The room had ample space, a fridge and microwave although I didn't use them. There was a coffee maker in the room too (went unused).

Bathroom was fine but I was disappointed in the towels which were a bit frayed around the edges. Seemed a bit careless to put those linnens in the room for guest usage.

The mattress & bed linens were very comfortable and in the end, isn't that why you pick a place?

The internet was working nicely and there was a nice desk for connecting your computer.

Rooms were a very modern decor and spacious.

It was just as expected.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 21, 2009

I stayed at this hotel for a full work week and was very pleased. Staff was very accommodating for all of my needs: they made my meals "to go" to eat in my room, told me how to get a coupon from the front desk for cheaper breakfast, and even broke $4 for me in quarters to use the laundry.

Rooms are VERY spacious for one person with two TV's, a work station, fridge, microwave, and a couch. Bathroom was very clean with all new fixtures (I suspect the hotel itself is new within the past year) and Bath & Body Works products. There's even a full-length mirror. Whole setup reminds me very much of a modern studio apartment.

Hotel is within walking distance to downtown Pueblo and near a gas station, right off I-25.

Some things of which to be aware:
- There's no place to hang coats immediately upon entering rooms. The only closet is in the bedroom area.
- Front desk pantry at this location was somewhat sparse in terms of grab-n-go items. If they haven't recently restocked, you may need to hit up a local grocery store.
- While not directly next to the hotel, train tracks run nearby. Bring earplugs if you're a light sleeper.

I was thoroughly impressed with this hotel and plan to use Cambria Suites again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 3, 2009

This is my second stay at this hotel. It's very nice and friendly, but twice in 3 days my room key expired and I had to hike back down to the front desk to get it re-set. They need to work out the bugs in their card key system (new hotel). P.S. The walls are pretty thin if you're a light sleeper.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 27, 2009

This just opened up, and it's the best in town. The lobby is great with fireplace, bar, and restaurant. The rooms are HUGE and clean, with 2 flatscreen TV's (one in the living room, one in the bedroom), and a nice bathroom.

Staff is excellent, location is right downtown. I will be staying here every time I'm in Pueblo.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business