“Needs to pay attention to detail.”

SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown
Ranked #9 of 26 Hotels in Pueblo
Reviewed July 13, 2014

When we arrived after dark we weren't sure what was going on as the lights were out in a good part of the lobby. Bar was closed, so I guess they think it's appropriate to make the lobby dark. As far as the room goes, the space was great, wifi was great, water pressure in shower was great. Beyond that, I can't say much positive. Hallways and stairwells needed to be vacuumed; there was hair and a hair clip behind our bathroom door; there was dried urine on the toilet seat when we arrived. To top it off, the sink drains need to be cleaned. When water was running in the sink, I stench came from the drain. Breakfast.....I don't even know what to say except that they need to add more staff to keep this area picked up. It was a catastrophe.

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Carmen1981
Kena A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2014

Dear Carmen1981,

I am so sorry to hear about your negative experience, that is definitely not the type of service we aim to provide. Unfortunately we did not meet your- nor our own- level of standards. I understand how this experience would have effected your trip. I will follow up on all of the items you discussed. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to regain your trust if visiting the Pueblo area in the future.

There are newer reviews for SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown

Reviewed July 5, 2014

We are traveling cross country by bicycle. Since our route is through small town USA, and our hotel choices are usually forgettable, we look forward to staying in a larger hotel. We chose the Spring Hill Suites for out 4 day layover over the 4th of July holiday in Pueblo. Not being familiar with this hotel, we relied on Trip Advisor to guide us, as we usually do. Since we were going to be in this hotel 4 days, we crossed our fingers and closed our eyes hoping we didn't experience "hotel disappointment". I can preface my review by saying this was one of the very rare hotels that we hated to leave. Kudos to everyone and everything about this hotel from the entire staff to every amenity you could hope for and more. From the moment we first entered the lobby we were extremely impressed with the cleanliness and the lack of that typical hotel musty smell. The registration desk staff was very friendly and efficient. Before you knew it, we had our room key and were on our way to our room. The positives: beautiful room(we had a king suite), plenty of space to spread out, comfortable bed, beautiful, spotlessly clean bathroom, 2 widescreen TVs with HD signal, great water pressure in the shower and sink, great Wifi(my benchmark is how quickly it hooks up to Netflix and it did that fairly quickly), great guest laundry although $2/load is on the high side, great complimentary breakfast although they only put the waffle makers(2) out on Saturday and Sunday(the attendant said they don't put the waffle makers out during the week because the businessmen/women say the constant beeping annoys them:), you are within walking distance to Riverwalk and a large number of restaurants and shops. The negatives: I really can't think of any. We would definitely stay here again if we were ever in Pueblo again. It is the benchmark for any future hotels we stay in. Don't hesitate-book your room now!!!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank funhogs2
Kena A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 7, 2014

Dear Funhogs2,
We are so glad that you chose to stay with us! It was a pleasure having you as a guest and I hope that the rest of your trip is going well for you. I am so happy that the hotel staff and amenities matched your needs and that you enjoyed your time at our hotel. If you ever travel back through Pueblo it would be a treat to have you as a guest again!

Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

I was surprised at the modern decor of the place as I booked this hotel at a very low rate, $90 for the 4th of July weekend. The staff was helpful and the entire hotel was very clean. I rated the hotel 4 Stars however because the pillows were just too soft. I'm used to firm pillows and have run into this problem a lot when I travel. Unfortunately this time, the pillows made for a very restless night. Other than that, I enjoyed my stay for the night.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family

Dear Amanda L,

I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time while at our hotel. It is always great to hear that our staff is friendly and that the décor is appreciated. I am sorry to hear that the pillows were not comfortable for you, the rooms have no less than two feather and two feather free pillows in each room. When staying with us in the future please feel free to request more ‘feather free’ pillows, as they tend to be more firm. Again thank you for your great review and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Everything I've come to expect from the Marriot brand. Staff was friendly and accommodating and the overal stay was great!

Pueblo... not my favorite place but this is my favorite place to stay. Well done!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Steve R,

We appreciate you staying with us while visiting Pueblo. I am happy to hear that our staff was accommodating and welcoming. We look forward to seeing again, and if you need advice on what to do in Pueblo we'd happy to give you suggestions.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

I might just be a shlub who never stays in a classy hotel, but I thought this place was very nice. My room had 2 TVs, a desk, couch and chairs, auxiliary and pc connections to one of the TVs for showing media through the computer/tablet to the TV, comfy bed, and a fancy bathroom with raised sink and large tub/shower with extra space for holding your shower stuff and towels within easy reach. The staff were very pleasant and quick to come put new batteries in the beeping smoke alarm. The AC was cold and fast and easily controllable with a wall thermostat. Overall an excellent stay.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank pheNomaNom
Kena A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2014

Dear pheNomaNom,

Thank you for your awesome reveiw!! We truly appreciate you staying with us and being such a great guest. We look forward to seeing you again if in the Pueblo area.

Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

Convenient location. Decent water pressure for a hotel. Cleanliness was average. There was a hotel bar but it wasn't ever open during our stay. There was a train that woke me up several times during the night. Breakfast was just ok. I would perhaps stay here again if in Pueblo.

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Aklem
Kena A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Dear Aklem,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our Hotel. I am sorry to hear that you did not have a good experience while staying with us. We aim to provide great service and an exceptional experience. In the future please feel free to request a room on the West side of the Hotel, as it tends to be quieter. We hope that you will stay with us again and give us the opportunity to regain your business.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

This is an oasis in Pueblo. I visit regularly because I have family there. This is a clean, pretty, close to downtown, sweet place to stay. What I particularly enjoy are the personnel who are dedicated to making sure all is well. A bonus? They're fun! I'm impressed and will ONLY stay here on all my future visits.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear SouthwestDude,

We think you're AWESOME! Thanks for all the great comments and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!