“Pleasant Staff, clean suite!”

SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Pueblo
Prescott Valley, Arizona
“Pleasant Staff, clean suite!”
Reviewed April 30, 2013

From the minute I walked in the door I was greeted with a warm welcome and a smiling face. When the young lady noticed my cane, she gave me a suite close to the elevator. The room was wonderful; clean, quiet and a comfortable bed. Unfortunately I had to leave early on the mornings I was there so I didn't have a chance to eat breakfast. However, it smelled and looked delicious (I had to at least peek!). When I returned in the evenings it was usually quite late yet there was always someone at the desk to greet me with a smile. I would definitely recommend staying here and I know that I will again as well. I just hope that next time I have more time to enjoy the pool, the bar and the suite!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Joanne A
Kena A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay. Guests that leave with a smile on their face make our jobs worth it. My staff works very hard to make our guests feel comfortable and happy. Please come visit us again soon you can enjoy our breakfast.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Alberta
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Stayed for a week while on a course. The hotel is very nice, clean and the staff is very friendly. Nice pool and exercise area. The first room I had was quite noisey from the windstorm, they let me move to 322 which was great. It is sheltered from the wind and the Interstate and was very quiet. This room is a king suite which is ideal for business travel with the seperate desk/couch area. The only "complaint" is I thought the breakfast sausage and ham at the "free" breakfast didn't taste very good to me. (bacon would be nice)
I would definately stay here again.

Room Tip: 322 is quiet
1 Thank mikenbec
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your weeks stay at the hotel. We hope to see you again!
Southern California
Reviewed April 17, 2013

I found this little gem in downtown Pueblo, now I admit that the location is not ideal but the room and the layout makeup for any location problems. On the plus side there is a gas station with a convience store right next door, and it is located within walking distance of historic downtown and the riverwalk area. The layout of the room although small is very well layed out, and flows with ease. I like the seperation of living room area from the sleeping room area. The breakfast is very basic and lacks a little as it gets later in the day, also the attendant would stare at you as you showed up (I know he was just trying to do his job and keep the area stocked which he did very well) it is just a little offputting. The parking is real convient and right out front of the hotel. Dining is located less then 5 minutes away

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank heumanntouch
Kena A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for choosing our hotel. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and our convenient location. As a valued guest your comments have been noted and will help us improve our daily operations.
Trinidad, Colorado, United States
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Stayed there accidently but what a great room, was supposed to stay at the hotel around the corner glad I booked this hotel . I can not say enough about the room,staff,breakfast,pool or exercise room will definitely be staying there again when in Pueblo extremely clean & the bed was very comfortable I also loved the walk in shower but you do have to request one .. had a pleasant stay .... I give thumb up to SpringHill Suites wont be disappointed in them would highly recommend see you next time Im traveling through...

Room Tip: I think anyroom with be a plus
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rosalie M
Kena A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
We are so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. It is very important to us to exceed all guest expectations so the fact that we achieved that during your stay makes all our efforts worth it. It’s great news that an “accident” turned into a great situation and you enjoyed the comforts that the SpringHill Suites offers. See you on your next trip into town.
La Junta, Colorado
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My husband and I spent the night at the SpringHill Suites Downtown. We had a very pleasant stay!
The hotel is located right off 1st street (downtown), and it is very modern. The staff is very friendly. The bedroom was great!! The hot tub was nice, the indoor pool was a little too cold to our taste. The breakfast made up for it!!! :)
We would definitely recommend this hotel for a stay in Pueblo!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Audrey D
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We take great pride in guest satisfaction so we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Please come visit again soon!
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Hits:
The room was clean and the furniture in good shape.
Breakfast was standard fare but adequate.
The water pressure in the bathroom was adequate.
The towels and bedding were also adequate
There is a make-up mirror in the bathroom
The Misses:
It took us over 15 minutes to check in (we were the only ones at the desk) because the clerk was on the phone taking a reservation
The room had a deodorizer smell that was overwhelmingly strong.
Hotel suites attracts families and we had one next door and above us that were stomping around and bouncing stuff off the wall until the late (early) hours--it was distrubing.
The closet in the bedroom is akwardly located next to the bed with little room to access it.
The bathroom sink is really too high and I am tall enough to not have that issue
TV Channel line up was difficult to use if you wanted local channels--they were all over the dial

Room Tip: This hotel backs the Interstate on one side and you can hear bar music on the other side--you need t...
1 Thank BluDragonFlyer
Kena A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for your comments. It helps us improve our operations. Sorry about the noise. At times when we are at full capacity as we were during your stay people have all different types of routines. We apologize if this effected your stay. We are in the process of updating our TV channels to HD so the issue with the lineup will be fixed shortly.
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed April 7, 2013

I rated this an average overall due to some irritations during my stay.

First the good: property is fairly new, and has a bit of a modern, hipster feel about it, much more interesting than your typical Courtyard or other stodgy, older Marriot facility. The location is conveniently adjacent to the I-25, which might not be so good if you received a room on the east side of the building (facing the interstate), but easily accessible. The property is within easy walking distance of several interesting downtown attractions, including a Children's Museum, and a riverwalk-style pedestrian area. The King Suite room had a nice layout and modern feel, and was reasonably well appointed (good bedding, furnishings, work space).

And now the not-so-good: I asked for a "high floor" and quiet room, but ended up on the third floor, not the fourth floor. The room had a very strong odor-neutralizer smell, which required that I keep the window open most of the time - good thing the weather was mild! I knew to request a west-facing room at check-in to avoid the interstate noise, but didn't anticipate the stomping throughout the night from the room above that seemed to amplify into my room. Also did not anticipate the idiot in the next room bouncing a soccer ball against the wall until well past midnight. A complaining phone call to the front desk temporarily took care of the soccer ball, which helped.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on West side, opposite from I-25; ensure you get on the top floor.
1 Thank ColoGeoTraveler_13
We are sorry to hear that your resent stay with us was not as pleasant as possible. Rooms with special request are assigned first and your room was assigned on the highest floor available. We apologize if the guest next to you were not as quiet as you would have hoped but glad to hear that it did subside once it was reported to the front desk. Thank you for your comments on our cleaning products. We will keep this in mind as having our rooms fresh and clean is at the top of our list.