New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown

SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels in Pueblo
Southern California
“Very nice Hotel-Still Looks New”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

I found this little gem in downtown Pueblo, now I admit that the location is not ideal but the room and the layout makeup for any location problems. On the plus side there is a gas station with a convience store right next door, and it is located within walking distance of historic downtown and the riverwalk area. The layout of the room although small is very well layed out, and flows with ease. I like the seperation of living room area from the sleeping room area. The breakfast is very basic and lacks a little as it gets later in the day, also the attendant would stare at you as you showed up (I know he was just trying to do his job and keep the area stocked which he did very well) it is just a little offputting. The parking is real convient and right out front of the hotel. Dining is located less then 5 minutes away

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank heumanntouch
Kena A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for choosing our hotel. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and our convenient location. As a valued guest your comments have been noted and will help us improve our daily operations.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Trinidad, Colorado, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2013

Stayed there accidently but what a great room, was supposed to stay at the hotel around the corner glad I booked this hotel . I can not say enough about the room,staff,breakfast,pool or exercise room will definitely be staying there again when in Pueblo extremely clean & the bed was very comfortable I also loved the walk in shower but you do have to request one .. had a pleasant stay .... I give thumb up to SpringHill Suites wont be disappointed in them would highly recommend see you next time Im traveling through...

Room Tip: I think anyroom with be a plus
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rosalie M
Kena A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
We are so delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. It is very important to us to exceed all guest expectations so the fact that we achieved that during your stay makes all our efforts worth it. It’s great news that an “accident” turned into a great situation and you enjoyed the comforts that the SpringHill Suites offers. See you on your next trip into town.
La Junta, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2013

My husband and I spent the night at the SpringHill Suites Downtown. We had a very pleasant stay!
The hotel is located right off 1st street (downtown), and it is very modern. The staff is very friendly. The bedroom was great!! The hot tub was nice, the indoor pool was a little too cold to our taste. The breakfast made up for it!!! :)
We would definitely recommend this hotel for a stay in Pueblo!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Audrey D
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We take great pride in guest satisfaction so we are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. Please come visit again soon!
Fort Collins, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

The Hits:
The room was clean and the furniture in good shape.
Breakfast was standard fare but adequate.
The water pressure in the bathroom was adequate.
The towels and bedding were also adequate
There is a make-up mirror in the bathroom
The Misses:
It took us over 15 minutes to check in (we were the only ones at the desk) because the clerk was on the phone taking a reservation
The room had a deodorizer smell that was overwhelmingly strong.
Hotel suites attracts families and we had one next door and above us that were stomping around and bouncing stuff off the wall until the late (early) hours--it was distrubing.
The closet in the bedroom is akwardly located next to the bed with little room to access it.
The bathroom sink is really too high and I am tall enough to not have that issue
TV Channel line up was difficult to use if you wanted local channels--they were all over the dial

Room Tip: This hotel backs the Interstate on one side and you can hear bar music on the other side--you need t...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BluDragonFlyer
Kena A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, April 15, 2013
Thank you for your comments. It helps us improve our operations. Sorry about the noise. At times when we are at full capacity as we were during your stay people have all different types of routines. We apologize if this effected your stay. We are in the process of updating our TV channels to HD so the issue with the lineup will be fixed shortly.
Fort Collins, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2013

I rated this an average overall due to some irritations during my stay.

First the good: property is fairly new, and has a bit of a modern, hipster feel about it, much more interesting than your typical Courtyard or other stodgy, older Marriot facility. The location is conveniently adjacent to the I-25, which might not be so good if you received a room on the east side of the building (facing the interstate), but easily accessible. The property is within easy walking distance of several interesting downtown attractions, including a Children's Museum, and a riverwalk-style pedestrian area. The King Suite room had a nice layout and modern feel, and was reasonably well appointed (good bedding, furnishings, work space).

And now the not-so-good: I asked for a "high floor" and quiet room, but ended up on the third floor, not the fourth floor. The room had a very strong odor-neutralizer smell, which required that I keep the window open most of the time - good thing the weather was mild! I knew to request a west-facing room at check-in to avoid the interstate noise, but didn't anticipate the stomping throughout the night from the room above that seemed to amplify into my room. Also did not anticipate the idiot in the next room bouncing a soccer ball against the wall until well past midnight. A complaining phone call to the front desk temporarily took care of the soccer ball, which helped.

Room Tip: Choose rooms on West side, opposite from I-25; ensure you get on the top floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ColoGeoTraveler_13
We are sorry to hear that your resent stay with us was not as pleasant as possible. Rooms with special request are assigned first and your room was assigned on the highest floor available. We apologize if the guest next to you were not as quiet as you would have hoped but glad to hear that it did subside once it was reported to the front desk. Thank you for your comments on our cleaning products. We will keep this in mind as having our rooms fresh and clean is at the top of our list.
Spanish Fork, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

Since I travel for business, it's nice to be in a SpringHill that looks a little different than the rest. Bed and bedding are comfortable. Not a fan of the sink in the bathroom, but the tub is plenty big.

I agree with the person who has seen some maintenance issues. Last time I was there, my bathroom light switch was broken, along with something else in the room (can't remember what it was). It also seemed like the hallway trash didn't get taken out, as I remember a pizza box there for at least 2 days.

I like the hotel. The front desk staff is friendly and helpful. The unpaved lot in front of the building could use some work, but I think most of the parking is supposed to be to the side and back of the building. Breakfast is average. Within walking distance of several restaurants, my favorite being Bingo Burger.

Room Tip: The rooms that overlook the highway can be a bit noisy in the mornings.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Allison L
Kena A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, March 27, 2013
Thank you for the feedback. We apologize if your bathroom light was not functional. I assure you that it is now fixed. Hopefully you will return so we are able to change your mind about our property. The staff works very hard to maintain all areas of the hotel. We are sorry if something was missed. Your comments will help us improve in these areas.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

At check in the greeter was smoking a cigarette outside the entrance. Outside the elevator on the third floor I noticed a light shade that was shredded. Although the room was spacious and clean the bathroom lights didn't work and when I called the front desk they said they would change the bulbs. So we decided to go sit in the hot tub. There was a line of scum around the top of the tub to we thought maybe the pool. Nope, dead spider or cricket or some creepy crawly at the bottom. Stopped by the front desk on the way back to find out they didn't have any light bulbs but they made a maintenance log. So on the way back to the room I though I would get a drink from the vending machine. Not on the third floor. That one had been busted up to the point it would not take dollar bills or change. So I went to the second floor and chose fruit punch. It spits out a Gatorade. If it hasn't been so late I would have walked out.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank Lindsaydevries
Kena A, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
We apologize that your stay was less than desirable. We strive to exceed all guest expectations and unfortunately we fell short during your stay. We have looked into the various maintenance issues you mentioned. We have ordered new lamp shades and fixed the pop machine. We have also put in place a new cleaning schedule for the pool and hot tub on sold out nights such as yours. Thank you for your valued feedback. You comments help us improve as a hotel.