“Enjoyable stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Pueblo
Houston, Texas
“Enjoyable stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2012

The hotel was very nice, Hubby and I took notice of it as soon as we pulled up. The front desk clerk was very helpful and informed us that the City of Pueblo's Boats, Bands and BBQ festival was taking place and within walking distance (LOVED the festival...very charming and afforadable! Highly recommed).

Our room was very nice and large. We even had a semi-seperate seating area with its own TV. Great place for business travelers I would think because of the very "tech-y" desk area. It had many port holes for connecting to several different things.

Bathroom was clean and it even had a "seating" area in the shower. One thing I would change is the location of the towels. They are underneath the sink...why? This was annoying as a tall person, but bearable.

The bed and pillows were comfy. There has a clock radio that was IPhone docking friendly. I was disappointed by how long it took for the room to cool down. They keep the room tempatures very high... 78ish. Even after enjoying the festival for four hours the room had only gone down 2-3 degrees.

Another disappointment was breakfast. The pictures advertise several choices, but we did not get that experience. Plus, we never got a chance to make a waffel because of the poor selection the wait time was too long and they only have one machine.

Despite its drawbacks Hubby and I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
      Cleanliness
Phillip D, Director of Sales at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for the feedback on your recent stay. I am happy to hear that your stay went well and that you plan to return to our hotel. I do apologize for the issues you did experience during that stay. I have asked maintenence to look at the A/C units in the rooms to ensure they are all working properly. I have also looked into our breakfast selection and we will be expanding our offerings in the future. It is our goal to provide excellent accomodations and wonderful service to all of our guests and we can't wait for your next stay with us.

Thank you again!

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Lake Oswego, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Very good hotel. Some ongoing parking lot renovations but otherwise up to the Marriott standard. In an area with older commercial buildings, however, your vehicle safety is assured as the Pueblo Police Station is nearby.
Pool was unfortunately EXTREMELY cold. Had to call front desk as room did not include the needed towels for a family of four. Last complaint is that the juice machine was malfunctioning and dispensing very weak juice; the breakfast attendant checked it and said it was fine...yeah, right!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Valued Guest,

Thank you for the feedback on your recent stay with us. I apologize for the uncomfortable pool temperature and I have discussed this with my maintenance staff to ensure it stays at the appropriate levels. We appreciate your business and we look forward to your next stay with us. Please contact us directly at 719-546-1234 for help with your next reservation.

Thanks again!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

Very much like an Embassy Suites, the room was spacious even for the four of us although the mattress on the sleeper sofa was very uncomfortable. Housekeeping was satisfactory except that they couldn't count. Four towels and wash cloths would be used and on the floor, yet they would only leave two clean ones in their place. So twice we had to request additional towels. Breakfast was free but microwave fare consisting of overcooked eggs and frozen meats, select pastries, and a few fruits thrown in for good measure. Plus a self serve waffle maker. The staff were friendly and helpful as were most of the other guests that weekend. Overall, I was pleased with our stay and would definitely come back.

Room Tip: The hotel sits adjacent to the interstate and that may be a problem - we were on the front and our r...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for your wonderful feedback. We appreciate your business and we look forward to your next stay with us. If you need help with any future reservations please call us at 719-546-1234.

Thanks again!

Columbus, Mississippi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel May 18-21 for a PBR event. The room was beautiful and the front desk staff helpful and friendly. The room was very spacious, with plenty of room for the four of us. The only complaints I have are that, even though there were four of us, for some strange reason the maid would only leave one washcloth. I had to ask the front desk both days for extra washcloths. The only other issue was breakfast, with the eggs being very hard. They were supposed to be scrambled but tasted and felt more like hard boiled. The waffles were great and the other continental items good, just the eggs were strange.

I would definitely stay at this hotel again due to the rooms and staff.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your feedback. We appreciate the great comments and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Windsor, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

This was my second stay at this hotel. Now that the hotel is a Marriott Springhill Suites, breakfast does not cost extra. The hot breakfast was what I would expect from a hotel of this class. The staff were more than accommodating (even lending a wrench to allow me to make a repair to my wheelchair lift on my van). The biggest problem was that my accessible room was given away. I did not make my own reservation, but an accessible room was requested. Shortly after the reservation was made, I confirmed that I needed an accessible room with a roll-in shower. Upon arrival, the room was not available. The hotel, however, did get me into another accessible room (albeit without the roll-in shower), and for my short stay, this was doable. On most trips, I would have had to change hotels.

My room was very quiet and comfortable. A colleague at a hotel across the street was awakened by a windstorm. We soundly slept through it.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank ColoWheeler
CambriaPueblo, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, May 29, 2012
Thank you for your comments. This helps us improve as a hotel. We are pleased to hear you had a restful night’s sleep. Hope to see you again soon.
Southern USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2012

Nice hotel, our king room had seperate sitting area with sofa, chair & TV. We had plenty of room to relax and enjoy our stay. The staff were extremely pleasant and accomodating. They were right on with directions and answers to our questions about the area. Breakfast was good and the serving area was large and bright, more like a restaurant than the typical small breakfast room in most hotels.

Room Tip: Ask for the street side rather than I-25 side.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GAWanderer
CambriaPueblo, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, May 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and all that our hotel has to offer. We strive to exceed guest expectations on a daily basis. I am pleased to know the staff is doing a great job.
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

Our room was on the I-25 side, it was very noisey with the traffic. Our boys were looking forward to use the swimming pool and the hot tub. Two minutes after we went in the pool, there were about 15 girls (age 5-10) and many adults having a pizza party in the swimming pool. Girls were loud and water was splashing everywhere. So, we have to get out right away. We shared our concerns with the hotel management. She told us they can do anything about it (Her name is Cayna, something like that). We will stay away from this place for the future.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
3 Thank Q Z
CambriaPueblo, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Thank you for giving us your feedback. The party of girls did rent numerous rooms and because they are also hotel guests they have the same pleasure of enjoying our amenities like any other guest. We apologize if you found it to be inconvenient but we value all our guests the same and cannot control the use of amenities from guest to guest. I did personally come in to check on the situation and they did not have a pizza party in the pool as we do not allow any food or drink in the area. They ate in the lobby and then headed to the pool. They did leave the pool area at a very reasonable hour so other guests would be able to use it as well. Thank you for your comments.