SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Rodeway Inn(Pueblo)
  • Pool
All reviewsfront deskhighway sidethe river walksitting areaclose to downtowncarl's jrnice hotelnice bathroomfridge microwavelots of parkingking suiteindoor poolbathroom sinklate at nightrooms are spaciousmorning breakfastbreakfast items
FilterAll languages
Reviewed April 30, 2011

I want to start by saying that I use tripadvisor a lot and have never written a review. I love reading everyones opinions.

Because I had such poor customer service I felt like I needed to write a review.

I searched tripadvisor for days before I decided to stay at the Cambria Suites. I grew up in Pueblo and could not stay with family because my daughter is allergic to cats. I booked a room the week before through the front desk at Cambria and the person at the front desk told me it would be $139 per night. I gave him my credit card and reserved 2 nights.

Because I was attending a family event when we arrived to town my husband dropped me off and then checked in to our hotel without me. When we checked out 2 days later I was told my charges were $229 per night and not the $139 I was quoted. There was a soccer tourney in town on that weekend and they raised the rates for the soccer tournament people. I told them I wasn't with the soccer tournament and they told me that I should't have signed off on the rate when I checked in then. The manager was called and she refused to help us with the rate. She said we should have told someone when we checked in that we were not with the tournament.

It was very strange for me that the manager of the hotel refused to acknowledge the rate we were quoted and said next time pay attention to what you are signing.

We are pretty easy going people and I was surprised the manager wouldn't budge.

I will definitely not stay there again based on the poor customer service and would recommend that you make sure that you are getting the right rate.

Also, there is a $12.95 charge for breakfast. You have to buy the tickets the night before. We bought 4 and went down 15 minutes before it closed. They were taking all of the food away and when we asked for coffee they said it was already gone.

The pool was supposed to close at 11:00 but at 9:30 they said everyone had to leave. We had just arrived at 9:15 thinking we still had over an hour.

Again, I explained all of these issues to the manager and again she said we should have told someone that we were not with the soccer tournament. Not sure how we were supposed to know that we didn't have to leave the pool when 2 people are telling us get out of the pool the pool is closed.

As far as the breakfast, the manager told me that she checked with her kitchen staff and they didn't start taking the food away until 11:00. She was not there but basically called me a liar.

The walls are paper thin and you can hear people talking in the next room and people walking and talking down the hall. If you are a light sleeper this hotel is not for you.

We are going back to Pueblo in July and staying at the Pueblo Convention center. I will be sure to write a review on that hotel when we finish our stay. I realize how helpful these reviews can be to people.

I love tripadvisor and use it anytime that we are going on a vacation and trip. I love the honest feedback so that we can decide whether or not a persons issues will affect our stay.

My only recommendation is to check your rate and make sure you are getting the rate you were quoted. The manager will not budge if your rate is wrong and her customer service is extremely poor.

I did ask for her boss and she told me, "I own the hotel."

Again, be very careful on your rate when you check in.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
11  Thank Talie73
CambriaPueblo, Manager at SpringHill Suites Pueblo Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2011

This particular guest paid $109 the first night and $149 the second night. After speaking with her on the phone a few days later about her un-satisfaction, she was compensated a monetary refund for any inconvenience and/or miscommunication that had occurred and thus the total amount on her bill was $238 for exactly two nights. As a large corporation, we make sure to clearly state and communicate rates. To date, our hotel has not charged a rate of $229 per night. The rates are clearly printed on registration cards and are pointed out during the check-in process.
The breakfast price is actually $9.50 and during her stay we were running a special. If purchased the night before, the price for breakfast was $5.50. She did take advantage of this special. At the time of your stay we were sold out and many people decided to enjoy breakfast in the morning. We always make sure never to close early during a sold out morning, as there are simply too many people still eating. No other complaints were received by guests regarding this matter.
At the time this guest stayed with us, we were sold out due to a local soccer tournament. Because there were numerous amounts of guests in the hotel, we did ask that all children be in their rooms by 10:00pm for everyone’s comfort and safety. The pool did not close at 9:30, but rather at 10:00pm. We would have encouraged that this guest come to the front desk and explain that she was not with the large soccer group, in which we would have let her stay longer. However, the assistant manager did close the pool at 10:00pm, as he did not see anyone in the swim-area while turning off the lights.
After speaking with the guest several weeks after her stay, we thought the issue had been successfully resolved, as we had agreed on lowering the rate and for any other inconveniences that had ensued. In turn, though, this review was written six weeks following the guest’s stay. We want to make sure our guests feel welcomed and appreciated, and certainly wish that this guest had re-contacted us if she still felt displeased with our services.

Reviewed April 9, 2011

The hotel was largely quite good. Wheelchair access and the roll-in shower were very good. The biggest issue was with the shower head. The shower head was this straight bar with a 1" by 2" spray head. It would have been far easier and more effective to shower with a squirt bottle. A squirt bottle would have provided more pressure and done a better job with rinsing shampoo from hair.

The breakfast was acceptable, but I've become accustomed to a free hot breakfast in a hotel of this class. At approximately $9 ($5.50 if ordered in advance), it is quite pricey.

Room Tip: need a wheelchair room with roll-in shower -- call
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank ColoWheeler
Reviewed January 6, 2011

We stayed for one night during the week before Christmas, just passing through on our way to Durango. This was our first stay at a Cambria Suites, and I had been hoping for the chance for some time. They really didn't disappoint.

Check-in was a breeze even though there were two people in front of me and one person on duty. I was informed that the whole "food service" of the hotel was off duty for the week due to the holiday. Given that a lot of people travel around that time, it seemed to me like a bad idea. I would have liked to at least try out what they had to offer. Instead, they had a small food shop with a good range of choices if you absolutely didn't want to leave, including a few kinds of ice cream and oddities like frozen hamburgers to go with the mini fridge and microwave in the room. They also had complimentary continental breakfast to make up for the lack of food service. It was pretty terrible. There was a basket of old apples and oranges. The apples were pretty rough. There were a few pastries, too, but nothing all that good.

The room was great. We had a room with two queens. The bed area is separated by a partial wall from a living space with a sofa, coffee table, chair, and second flat screen TV. I particularly liked the living space because of the dimmable lights (rare in hotels) that are perfect for parents of small children who still need to take naps. You don't have to sit in total darkness any longer!

Everything seemed very well cleaned, including the bathroom, which was well appointed with plenty of modern fixtures and storage. It was one of the better bathrooms I have been in, especially for a 3-star.

There didn't seem to be a whole lot of people in the hotel, but most of us seemed to be on the same floor for some reason. The walls between rooms are pretty thin in terms of sound. Also, it looked like this hotel was popular with traveling construction workers, as there were a few about. But you wouldn't think it just looking at the place. The lobby was very nice and decked out for the holidays, with the fireplace in the lounge going.

They have a couple of computers and a printer in the lounge. They're out in the open, not private at all. The rooms have wired ethernet and wireless, all included. The connection was acceptable, but like I said, there weren't too many people there.

Last, we did visit the pool for a while. You must with kids, right? We were alone, which is wonderful. It was a typical hotel pool, small and shallow. They do have a large spa, too, but it was a bit on the green side (coming from someone who used to work in the swimming pool business).

It's walking distance to some attractions, like the museum and downtown. But there isn't much in the immediate vicinity other than a gas station and a liquor store.

All in all, I'd be back in a flash, and I'd be happy to try another Cambria anywhere.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank BlakKat
Reviewed October 12, 2010

This hotel is comfortable, stylish, clean and conveniently located. The rooms are spacious and include a sitting area with separate flatscreen TV, fridge, microwave, iron, blow dryer, etc. and are decorated in a sleek, contemporary style. The breakfast is a good deal if you buy breakfast tickets the night before for $5.50. I did not use the pool and hot tub, but they looked nice. The lobby is spacious with lots of couches and big televisions. The hotel is located right off I-25 and a short walk to downtown Pueblo.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cloranz
Reviewed August 10, 2010

We were very happy with our stay here. Ashley and Matt were extremely helpful with our need for an early check-in. I'm confined to a power wheelchair and their help was very comforting. We found everything about the room to be well above average esp for the price: bedding, cleanliness, breakfast. What made our one night stay even nicer was the one block proximity to the Riverwalk.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple