“Caution if you like it mild!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Thai Mini Cafe

Thai Mini Cafe
Cuisines: Asian, Thai
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Patagonia, Arizona
“Caution if you like it mild!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

All the other reviews are spot on BUT if you don't eat spicy food, caution. We ordered two pad thai's and a green curry and she said, "Medium spicy?" and I said, No, mild please. The pad thai was just on the edge of me not being able to eat it, and the green curry I couldn't eat. I do think it's excellent Thai food though, and if you like it spicy, you'll love this place. I would actually go back, but I'd make a bigger deal about asking for it mild. A great place for lunch of dinner after a hike on one of the many surrounding trails. And their are two picnic tables to eat outside. Good if you have a dog with you.

• Visited July 2012

Fort Collins, Colorado
“What a surprise!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

This is a roadside place in Poncha Springs, the "crossroads of the Rockies." It's not much of a town, but there is a crossroads here, with routes 285 and 50. It's the type of junction where you expect to find uninspired cafes and fast food joints. But fresh, tasty Thai food served by warm and friendly people? What a wonderful surprise. I travel this way often, and I'll make a point of stopping here for lunch or dinner. I had green curry and Thai ice tea, both of which rivaled food I get in much more cosmopolitan settings. Nopi, the proprietor, was very gracious. The setting is a bit odd, the interior a little bland. But the food is great, and for a quick dinner on the road, this place is a real treat! Go west of the junction on route 50 and stop in!

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank Brian J
“Excellent Thai Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2012

We ate here 2 or 3 times last summer when we were in Salida and stopped in again last night while passing through. The food here is very fresh and of excellent quality. The people that work here are very friendly. If you enjoy good authentic Thai food give it a try; you will not be sorry.

1 Thank ACCooper1
brighton, co
“Take the time, it is worth it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2011

What an awesome experience we had eating at Thai Mini Cafe. Make sure to look at the picture. Don't confuse this one with the one down the Road!!! Go to Mini's. The food wash fresh and very tasty. My husband asked Mini is she could make him something special that wasn't on the menu, she said NO PROBLEM and whipped it right up. He was thrilled, which is saying a lot!

Mini serves american food as well so if someone in your crowd isn't up for Thai food, there is a good assortment of the typical american fare..Burgers, dogs, fries etc. And the hard serve ice cream is AWESOME!

Mini has an amazing story to tell about her life, she is so warm and welcoming you will feel like you have just made a friend for life. The place is simply decorated but parkling clean from top to bottom.

DON'T MISS THIS, AND TAKE A FEW MINUTES TO CHAT WITH MINI. She is exactly the kind of person who makes our Country Great! She doesn't have email or internet so she may never read this but, I will say thanks for filling our stomache's with your delightful food, and warming our hearts with your kind and positive spirit. We left feeling incredibly satisfied and inspired.

• Visited August 2011
Colorado Springs
“Unpretentious but superb food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2011

We discovered this little restaurant traveling down Route 285 a few years ago. Now we try to specifically arrange to be at that point at lunch time. From the outside it doesn't look like much but the food is terrific. All specifically prepared when you stop. Try the different dishes; we haven't found one we didn't like. This is a gem in the restaurant world. Don't pass it by. I've tried to get the owner to upgrade his sign without success. This restaurant is special!

• Visited March 2011