“Spectacular Place with an Even Better View”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Poncha Springs
Rocky Mountain Lodge
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Poncha Springs
Reviewed April 2, 2013

This was was amazing ad to our trip. Me and my wife came through Poncha Springs Colorado and decided to stay in Poncha rather than Salida because it was so beautiful. We stayed in Poncha because of it's convenient location with Monarch Mountain, although the lodge didn't have discounted tickets, we still saved during the stay. The rooms were comfy and cozy with a login cabin feeling and although it was adjacent to the highway, there was no noise. We stayed in the cabin and can't wait to return. The place was clean, and fresh and the towels and sheets were so incredibly soft, we were pleasantly surprised considering it was a tiny place and not a chain hotel. The rooms are a good size as well keeping in mind this is a small - mom and pops - type of place. The lady running the place was incredibly nice and seemed to care a lot about the place to keep it running tip top, it's definitely changed a lot since my last stay in 2006. Great progress! Can't wait to come back for spring break next winter. I will be staying here and I will tell all of my skiing buddies about Rocky Mountain Lodge.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Rockymountainlodge, Manager at Rocky Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our Lodge! I am very pleased to hear about your wonderful visit here in beautiful Poncha Springs and that you enjoyed the stay and the visit!! We're extremely happy to hear that you will recommend us! We look forward to seeing you again and safe travels!

Please keep us in mind with recommendations to family and friends - being a small, family owned business we take pride in our business - many costumers stay here due to word of mouth recommendations.

Reviewed February 21, 2013

We recently stayed a night and very inexpensive. Cute room and very friendly. Within walking distance to Elevation Brewery (little hike through a ditch:) and only a few miles to Salida. Would totally recommend this place as a home base to adventure!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Nate S
Rockymountainlodge, Manager at Rocky Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our Lodge! I am very pleased to hear you thought our rooms and its location in beautiful Poncha Springs! I'm extremely happy to hear that you will recommend us! We look forward to seeing you again and safe travels!

Reviewed February 4, 2013

I stayed at Rocky Mountain Lodge in Poncha in the fall time. The area is absolutely beautiful to stay in. The colors are great with the mountain scenes. The rooms were so cozy and cute! I loved the cabin décor. They were surprisingly really quiet, despite being located on a highway. The towels were really nice and not the cheap white ones most hospitality businesses use. They were ones I’d use at home. Maria was really nice and helped me use the coffee machine in the morning! Very clean and afforble! 100% satisfactory. I will stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Sandra L
Rockymountainlodge, Manager at Rocky Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our Lodge! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our property and we always love to hear that you would return! We are glad to hear that you were pleased, enjoyed the decor, rooms, and coffee! . We look forward to seeing you again and safe travels!

Reviewed December 6, 2012

We stayed here for a wedding in Buena Vista. We had the opportunity to visit Salida as well. We had 2 rooms. There was plenty of room for the 5 people in our group. Not the best bed but it did the job. There was a nice sitting area out front that we took advantage of in the evening while we were having a couple drinks.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Monica L
Rockymountainlodge, Manager at Rocky Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our Lodge! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our property and took advantage of our patio area to improve your stay! We look forward to seeing you again and safe travels!

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Spotless room, appears newly renovated, nicely decorated, comfortable bed, great price. The room offered tons of free toiletry samples. It's hard to beat in the Salida/Poncha Springs area. I would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Rockymountainlodge, Owner at Rocky Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our Lodge! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our property and we always love to hear that you would return! We are glad to hear that we are beat in the area, and that you enjoyed our free samples and cleanliness of the room! We are excited to hear that you likes our newly redone rooms. We look forward to seeing you again and safe travels!

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed here in Oct of 2011 and I wrote a glowing review however, it didnt seem to get published. I felt so strongly about this lovely motel I am actually looking it up as I saved the business card and will return. We loved the homey, cozy room. It was recently redone and was tastefully decorated, not like the normal run of the mill room. The walls were a deep peach and the hardwood floors and plants set it off beautifully. We went up to Aspen and came back and stayed another night on our way back through. The staff was super and the price was very reasonable.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Rockymountainlodge, Owner at Rocky Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our Lodge! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our property, staff, price and we always love to hear that you would return! What a bummer that your first review wasn't published, but we greatly appreciate you coming again onto our review page to review us. It means a lot. We are excited to hear that you likes our newly redone rooms. We look forward to seeing you again and safe travels!

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Had a wonderful stay while enjoying the mountains around Poncha Springs! The folks were very friendly and helpful- they even helped me get my keys back that I forgot in the room! The room was very comfortable and there was great service. We will certainly be back!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Rockymountainlodge, Owner at Rocky Mountain Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review our Lodge! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our property and we always love to hear that you would return! It's our pleasure to be able to help you get your keys back, and it was no big problem since my daughter was going to CMU in Grand Junction and returned the keys to you! I enjoy hearing that we were friendly, helpful, comfortable and great service! We welcome you again and safe travels!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Poncha Springs
#9 of 16 in Salida
Mountain Motel
Mountain Motel
#7 of 16 in Salida

Been to Rocky Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!