“Great Stay and Getaway”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Poncha Springs
Rocky Mountain Lodge
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Poncha Springs
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great Stay and Getaway”
Reviewed July 3, 2012

My wife and I stayed here on the third day of our vacation. The hotel is cute, quaint, and clean. It is nice to see some of the old motor lodges being refurbished and brought up to todays standards. I was impressed with the quietness of the hotel. It is about a mile north of Salida. The innkeeper was very nice and I would definitely stay here again. I would like to point out that while I like Buena Vista the hotel rates there are incredibily high. To high in fact for what you are getting which is very little. This small hotel in Poncha Springs met my very basic needs and had A/C which was very much appreciated after two days of tent camping. I would highly recommend this small hotel. No breakfast is offered, but for the money you save on your stay you can easily afford a breakfast across the street or down the road. If you are looking for a great place to stay in the Arkansas Valley area I would highly recommend this hotel and the towns of Poncha Springs and Salida. Go for a duckie tour on the Arkansas like we did. An experience to remember.

Room Tip: If you are doing this trip on the fly like my wife and I, ask the innkeeper to see the room before y...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank OldWorld47
, Manager at Rocky Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our Lodge! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and thought it was cute, quaint, and clean. We are glad that you liked the rates in this economy and we fit your standards. We loved having you here and are always welcome again! We look forward to seeing you again and safe travels!

Please keep us in mind with recommendations to family and friends - being a small, family owned business we take pride in our business - many costumers stay here due to word of mouth recommendations. Thank you once again for taking the time to review our cozy little lodge!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed June 21, 2012

The place is very clean and has lots of charm. You can tell she puts a lot of care into her motel. Lots of character. The only problem I had was the bed was squeaky and there was no exhaust fan in the bathroom(window didn't open), but over all very nice for the price. Would have been nice to have an ice machine outside so we didn't have to ask for it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank travelingcoder
, Owner at Rocky Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our Lodge! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our property. We take pride in all the work we put into our hotel and we apologize for any issues you had. The ice machine is located outside but for costumers convenience it's much easier if we get the ice through the office rather than having our costumers walk around our property locating our ice machine behind the hotel. We loved having you here and are always welcome again! We hope to see you soon!

Durango, Colorado
Reviewed April 20, 2012

We only stayed here one night. It was a great place to stay. The room was fresh, clean, and well maintained. I was amazed at how quiet it was even though it was located by a highway. The front desk clerk was wonderful and knew a lot about the surrounding area. Salida was just 5 miles down the road if I needed a store or restaurant. I liked the free samples that were given out. The coffee was great in the morning too. I will be staying here again when I'm passing through. Can't wait for the winter months to stay here for my ski trip at Monarch, only 20 minutes away.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank John F
, Owner at Rocky Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our Lodge! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our property along with our staff. We loved having you here and are always welcome again! We look forward to seeing you again in the winter months!

Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed April 13, 2012

My stay was perfect . Motel was clean and well kept. I enjoyed the atmosphere and service there.
I will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank tomw17
, Manager at Rocky Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, July 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our Lodge! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our property. We loved having you here and are always welcome again! We hope to see you soon and safe travels!

Please keep us in mind with recommendations to family and friends - being a small, family owned business we take pride in our business - many costumers stay here due to word of mouth recommendations. Once again, I'd like to thank you for reviewing our Motel.
Grand Junction, Colorado
Reviewed April 11, 2012

I really enjoyed my stay here. It was really quite and peaceful. The rooms were fresh and very clean. The owner was super nice too. It was a nice get away from the city. The scenery was really nice also. I went on a hike in St. Elmo, Monarch and went to Mount Princeton, this little hotel was perfect for all my destinations. I will certainly be staying here again! Thanks for a great stay!!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank Armnhammer884
, Owner at Rocky Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, July 2, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our Lodge! I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our property. We loved having you here and are always welcome again! We hope to see you soon!

Tamworth, Australia
Reviewed March 31, 2012

We stayed in poncho springs for one night on our way to Colorado springs. We loved the atmosphere of the lodge and the reasonable price of the room. The rooms were a little small but we did have four adults in the room so it was a reasonable size for that. The Mexican restaurant across the street was fantastic and highly recommended! Salida is just down the road for necessities! All in all I would recommend poncha springs rocky mt lodge for the colorado atmosphere!

• Stayed September 2011
3 Thank Kateclaire
Rockymountainlodge, Manager at Rocky Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, April 11, 2012

Reviewed March 14, 2012

Very clean hotel. Great customer service with lots of local information brochures. Not far from any tourist attractions. I really enjoyed my stay there and will go there again next time I go to Monarch!

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank RancheroGurl
Rockymountainlodge, Manager at Rocky Mountain Lodge, responded to this review, March 15, 2012

Also consider these accommodations in or near Poncha Springs
Mount Princeton Hot Springs Resort
Super 8 Salida
Super 8 Salida
#3 of 16 in Salida

Been to Rocky Mountain Lodge? Share your experiences!