“Good Food Bad Service”

The Carrington Arms
Reserve with OpenTable
The Carrington Arms is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Moulsoe
Cuisines: Bar, British
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Brunch, Late Night, Lunch, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: A family run traditional countryside English Inn, situated in the picturesque village of Moulsoe, near Newport Pagnell and Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire and just 2 miles from Junction 14 on the M1. Our award winning restaurant offers our famous steak counter serving locally raised Bedfordshire Beef and our a la carte menu inspired by great dishes from our culinary past recreated in our unique modern style. We also serve our Through the Day Bar Menu which offers lighter options including sandwiches, homemade burgers and traditional pub favourites. Our Bar provides a selection of draught beers, lagers and real ales and an extensive handpicked wine list. We have a large garden, patio and large car park. We also have 16 en-suite bedrooms offering affordable hotel accommodation.
milton keynes
“Good Food Bad Service”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

Upon arriving at the restaurant I felt out of place. This was due to the staff they seemed surprised to see three black men wanting to eat steak. The 1st waitress that approached us was quite rude she told us we could eat there but had to leave in 2 hours as they had reservations which was fine but the manner in which she said it was like we were inconveniencing her life.The waitress then went to the bar spoke to the manager and they were staring over at us i found this rude and quite irritating no one else got this treatment.

The butcher was fantastic he was friendly and spoke to use about what steaks would be best for us to get. The 2nd waitress that served us our food had bright pink hair and she was alot friendlier than the 1st. The food was very good seasoned meat and great sides I would go again but not anytime soon this visit made me feel like I was in 1950s america.

1st waitress was short and did not deserve the tip i left i hope it goes to the butcher and the friendlier waitress

Visited April 2013
2 Thank bigworld121

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Polish first
“Fantastic for Steak”
Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Went for 50th birthday meal. Staff & waitresses all very friendly. The food is really great and probably some of the best steak we have ever had. Since last visit the furniture had improved too, making it more comfortable.

1 Thank MikeMK5
Devon
“Steak heaven”
Reviewed April 21, 2013

I was persuaded by a work colleague to join him here for a steak one evening two weeks ago. The real ale was tasty although for this kind of setting my only very tiny quibble would be to see a little more variety of ales on offer. However, I cannot fault the meal and to be fair this is more of a restaurant than a pub. The starters were well presented tasty and fresh. You then go to the butchers shop in the corner to select your steak. I chose the 200gm fillet medium rare and when it came it was just perfection itself. Cooked just right with a slight crust of some kind of pepper or spice (not sure which) but it only served to enhance the flavour which I must say was heavenly.

1 Thank Leslogs
Essex
“Great steak”
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I went on a recommendation and wasn't disappointed. A short drive out of MK and a good looking establishment. We arrived early but were still able to be seated. Had a quick drink as soon as we got there and they had a couple of real ales on.
Few breads and olives to share and then the mains. I obviously went for the steak so that I could go up to the legendary meat counter and choose it myself! I had the only thing I hadn't tried before - The bourbon marinated sirloin. The chef cut a healthy slab for me and 15-20mins later our dinners arrived. Good quality and worth a second visit!

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
“Perfect birthday dinner”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Haven't eaten here in a long time, but was invited to a friend's birthday dinner for 10. Food was excellent. I had a rump steak which came with two side orders included. Steak was cooked to perfection, as were the chips. The salad was borderline wilted side though - how can you spoil a salad? Atmosphere was good - not too noisy and we were tucked down out of the way a bit so that we didn't feel we were intruding on anyone else with our chatter. The desserts were wonderful. I had a raspberry ripple conconction with candyfloss on. That, alone, would make me go back for another visit. Thought the food was value for money. But the drinks are extortionate. Over £10 for a glass of passable wine and a Coke. Yikes.

1 Thank Callymatt