“Great steak”

The Carrington Arms
Reserve with OpenTable
The Carrington Arms is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Moulsoe
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: A family run traditional countryside English Inn, situated in the picturesque village of Moulsoe, near Newport Pagnell and Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire and just 2 miles from Junction 14 on the M1. Our award winning restaurant offers our famous steak counter serving locally raised Bedfordshire Beef and our a la carte menu inspired by great dishes from our culinary past recreated in our unique modern style. We also serve our Through the Day Bar Menu which offers lighter options including sandwiches, homemade burgers and traditional pub favourites. Our Bar provides a selection of draught beers, lagers and real ales and an extensive handpicked wine list. We have a large garden, patio and large car park. We also have 16 en-suite bedrooms offering affordable hotel accommodation.
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I went on a recommendation and wasn't disappointed. A short drive out of MK and a good looking establishment. We arrived early but were still able to be seated. Had a quick drink as soon as we got there and they had a couple of real ales on.
Few breads and olives to share and then the mains. I obviously went for the steak so that I could go up to the legendary meat counter and choose it myself! I had the only thing I hadn't tried before - The bourbon marinated sirloin. The chef cut a healthy slab for me and 15-20mins later our dinners arrived. Good quality and worth a second visit!

Reviewed April 18, 2013

Haven't eaten here in a long time, but was invited to a friend's birthday dinner for 10. Food was excellent. I had a rump steak which came with two side orders included. Steak was cooked to perfection, as were the chips. The salad was borderline wilted side though - how can you spoil a salad? Atmosphere was good - not too noisy and we were tucked down out of the way a bit so that we didn't feel we were intruding on anyone else with our chatter. The desserts were wonderful. I had a raspberry ripple conconction with candyfloss on. That, alone, would make me go back for another visit. Thought the food was value for money. But the drinks are extortionate. Over £10 for a glass of passable wine and a Coke. Yikes.

1  Thank Callymatt
Reviewed April 14, 2013

Had read some previous reviews which were less than complimentary and others which were good, so when we were looking for a restaurant local to my Daughter's home for a belated Birthday meal we thought we would give it a try as both my Wife and I are professional cooks and we do like a good steak! Well we weren't disappointed. The 4 of us had the Sausage Selection Sharing platter and a baked Camembert to share. The sausages were all locally sourced and included Wild Boar and delicious Pork & Apple cooked to perfection and the Camambert was baked with fresh herbs and a delicious red onion chutney. We all had steaks which you choose with the help of the Head Chef including a fantastic selection of side dishes. The steaks were seasoned and grilled to perfection and the sides were outstanding. To finish we had to try the legendary 'Raspberry Ripple' which includes cotton candy, fresh raspberry compote, hand crafted white chocolate shards with popping candy and a white chocolate parfait so good it makes you sigh.
The staff were well presented, friendly and attentive and the cooking and quality excellent.
To sum up, my Wife and I have eaten in some of the finest and most expensive restaurants in our fair isle but I have to say our meal was one of the tastiest and most enjoyable we have had in a very long time.
Bravo! All at The Carrington Arms, take a bow!

1  Thank Christian C
Reviewed April 13, 2013

my husband took me here for my birthday the other night and im so glad he did.it was brilliant.he had the prawn cocktail to start and i had the ploughmans,both were absolutly delicious.we then proceeded to the counter were we picked the steaks we wanted,i had a piece of sirloin and he had a piece of fillet.after we finished our starter the mains then arrived.the steaks were cooked exactly how we asked for them to be done,the chips were done with their skins on which i have never had before but i much prefer them donr this way.we then had a pudding,my husband had the bakwell and i had the ripple.it was heavenly,candy floss white choc raspberries ete...it was to die for thats what i call a dessert......will we be going again most definately cant wait

Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Poor selection of ales only two on tap. The restaurant is extremely cramped with clearly as many tables in as they can get. My wife and I were sandwiched into a small door way with another couple and we were almost shoulder to shoulder with them. The restaurant was nearly full and the sound level was so bad I could not hear my wife. The food is ok but then so are the prices charged so I would expect this. You select your own meat, with the steak you select the weight and for every 100oz you have you have a free side otherwise its £2.50 for a small bowl of chips or salad. Given the prices, the portions are small and whilst I am not advocating the American style of cheep food piled up high you can more for your money in other bistro pubs. Have to say the cramped environment and price ruined it for me.