“Beautiful view, great food and service too!”
Review of Zoka's

Zoka's
Ranked #1 of 7 Restaurants in Pine
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Golden, Colorado
“Beautiful view, great food and service too!”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

We came here from Golden and Conifer with a large family group to celebrate two birthdays. First, we were delighted with the view of the mountain valley and river, and then with the attentiveness of the wait staff. It was 6 pm on Friday, and it wasn't crowded. The menu was really impressive with such a variety of offerings, from my ahi to my husband's Louisiana Ribeye, to fish and chips and elk medallions. Everyone in our party loved their entrees. They also had good appetizers - I had wonderful gazpacho, and others shared crab cakes and HOT chicken wings.
Ever since a trip to Marblehead, Mass. 2 years ago, when I was introduced to a cocktail named "dark and stormy" I've been seeking another more local source for the drink, but have always been met with a blank stare. Until last night when I saw that they had another cocktail special involving Gosling's ginger beer - a key ingredient. When I asked the waiter if they had the Gosling's dark rum to go with it, he knew immediately what I was looking for. HEAVEN!

• Visited August 2013

andy327
“Best Burger Ever, and at a very good price!”
Reviewed July 8, 2013

We stopped here after some mountain biking and grabbed a couple of kobe beef burgers. They were absolutely amazing. I am usually a burger snob, prefering buffalo to beef most of the time. These burgers were truly top notch. I got the one with bacon and guacamole. Considering the quality and location, $11 was a very reasonable price for what we got. Service was prompt and cheerful. Location and decor are awesome- right across the street from a river. This place is good enough that I would drive up from Colorado Springs on a weekend just to eat there. They are dog friendly too!

Evergreen, Colorado
“Waited and Hour and Still No Food-Very Disappointed”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We are local residents and have dined at Zoka's many times with good results. However we recently went there for dinner and we had a terrible experience. It was a busy night, yet there were only two waitresses. Four tables were seated after we placed our order, and those four tables (with 4 & 5 people) all received their food in a timely manner. After an hour, we still had not received our food! We finally got up and left. We had been served drinks, so we left money for the drinks. No one should have to wait an hour! And all we ordered were hamburgers!

1 Thank Annie N
Toronto
“The best salad I had during my whole trip!”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We were motorcycling through the area and were told by a fellow biker to stop here for lunch. On the outside it does not look like much, but wow, was the food ever fresh and tasty! And the most affordable meal, too.

I had the salad that had locally grown organic quinoa and goat cheese (and lots of other stuff) on mixed greens which came with a light herb vinaigrette (for only $5.00!!!). I had them add chicken, too ($3). Being on the road for 10 days, it was very hard to find healthy restaurant lunches. This was the best salad I had during my whole trip.

I heard that the owner is some great chef that decided to buy a place in the middle of nowhere and cook great food for great prices. I believe it.

16940 county rd. 126, Pine Grove

Denver, Colorado
“Touch of gourmet in Pine, CO”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Pine is definitely off of the main highways outside of Denver, but the drive affords some great mountain scenery to enjoy on the way. You can also stop at the Bucksnort Saloon down the road to absorb some rugged saloon ambiance, but then come to Zoka's for your meal. We came in with a group of 4. We tried the gazpacho, house salad, beet salad with blue cheese, and one member of our group tried the homemade bologna sandwich with the southwestern cole slaw that had cranberries in it. All were very tasty and upscale. Zoka's has a pleasant rustic atmosphere. Our waiter Craig was very personable and efficient. I would make the drive from Denver just to come here for a meal.

• Visited June 2013

Been to Zoka's? Share your experiences!