“Warm, friendly country pub with homemade food”

The Moon & Mushroom Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Swilland
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Moon and Mushroom is a quaint 16th century Inn. It is believed it was used as a staging post for prisoners being deported to the Colonies from the Ipswich Assizes. This beautiful old Pub was featured by Sky News all day during the Jubilee weekend and we were chosen from all of East Anglia to light the Rural Beacon which was televised nationally and internationallyThe Moon and Mushroom has won The Best Country Village Pub for Food and Drink on 2 separate occasions.Real Ale from small East Anglia Micro Breweries is served straight from the Tap Room and our varied menu is all locally sourced and cooked here on the premises.This is a fabulous old pub with no juke box, one armed bandit or television
Reviewed December 14, 2012

We went here for dinner in the week and found the pub to be warm and welcoming and a nice old fashioned country pub. The choice of food was amazing - so much to chose from - my partner loveds meat and I am a vegetarian but there was lots for both of us. My partner had a steamed game pudding and said it was absolutely delicious - lovely hearty portions and a large log fire made it feel extra cosy. The staff were also very nice and freindly as were the locals and we really enjoyed our time there.

There are newer reviews for The Moon & Mushroom Inn

Reviewed December 6, 2012

What fun great atmosphere .The staff where lovely.I have dietary needs and I was total catered for my food was excellent and cooked to order so I know It was home made.Great value on the wine.The pub is warm and friendly.Its on the top of my list for visiting again.

Reviewed November 29, 2012

I've visited the M & M several times since I discovered it a while ago.
At least on of the reviews here stated it was "quaint" and that's exactly what it is. A pretty, country pub always serving a variety of real ales. The menu is brilliant with most dishes made from locally sourced ingredients-game is a speciality there. The customers range from friendly regulars to ramblers, cyclists and holidaymakers. All in all a wonderful, cosy place to eat and drink. A true English country pub.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

very good ,,excellent food and ambiance,,,staff warm and welcoming..not the first time I've eaten there...food always excellent,especially catalan fish stew....recommend visiting

Reviewed November 4, 2012

Had Sunday lunch today-3 of us had the roast beef and had to send all 3 back as stone cold-they forgot my main meal and when it did arrive it wasn't worth the wait! Shame as the pub itself was warm and welcoming and had been recommended to us. When we paid for the meal they didn't offer any discount, just apologised for the cold food. We won't be returning here again.

2  Thank Jane F