“THIS PLACE ROCKS”

Aspen Canyon Ranch
New York
“THIS PLACE ROCKS”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

From the fun and friendly staff to the amazing activities to the comfort of the rooms to the ever-present vistas, you can't find a better combo.

I travel all the time, write tons of reviews and VERY rarely give out 5 stars. I love this place, and the very heart of its staff. They deserve SIX stars.

I've been there during the frolicking Winter Snowmobile season, and I've been there for summer fly-fishing, water-rafting, riding, roping, EATING, shooting, and just plain kicking back. It's all amazing.

Don't assume this is one of those stuffy dude ranch experiences. Nope. Not that. These guys are like rock and roll surfer cowboys. Pure fun.

Thank you, Ryan, Joe, Josh and all the rest.
And thank you "Jazz" for the best mountain rides ever.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Fly_With_Kenny

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My boyfriend and I purchased a living social deal for Aspen Canyon Ranch and went in early June. I am from Colorado but had never been to Parshall. We ate our meals at the main cabin, which were great! Farm fresh eggs etc. All of the employees are down to earth and friendly. We went on a horse back ride which was the best trail ride I have been on in Colorado because it wasn't just horse face to horse butt up the mountain like most are. We also did an ATV ride in the same day which was so much fun, I would recommend doing both. Our cabin was right by the river and very comfortable. The trees are all dying from beatle kill and the hot tub was not that great which are my only complaints about our trip. I would love to head back for a winter snowmobile trip.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Northglenn, Colorado
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Spent our 17th year anniversary here. Wonderful weather and the hospitality was great! Our room was nice and cozy with a patio out looking the river, very secluded from town. Hot tubs are a bit outdated, but it served its purpose. We had a great time hiking and riding the ATVs. Would definitely come back! Thanks everyone for the wonderful stay!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank May X
Castle Rock, Colorado
Reviewed July 9, 2012

My wife and I just returned from an awesome trip for our anniversary. We purchased a Groupon that included a two night stay, horseback riding (about 1.5 hour trip), and 3 hours of unguided ATV trip. We were skeptical to not do the typical romantic trip for our anniversary, but Aspen Canyon surpassed our expectations. We arrived to the ranch in the afternoon, and then went on a sunset horseback ride. Our guide (John) was awesome and took us on some beautiful trails on the ranch property. The next day we went on an unguided ATV ride though the National Forest. The guys at Aspen Canyon provided us with a great map and told us some of the better trails to see. Also, ask them about when the captains from the Deadliest Catch came out to the ranch. They have some hilarious stories to share. Overall, the employees at Aspen Canyon Ranch were very laid back and gave us a memorable anniversary trip. My wife and I will definitely be going back for another trip sometime soon! Thanks Ryan and Ed!

Room Tip: I would have prefered to have stayed in the Elk cabin because it has a better view from the deck.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Mike W
Braintree, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed July 3, 2012

We heard of this place through Groupon, so we booked a weekend there. We did the horseback ride the first night, and our guide, John, was very friendly and helpful. The next day, we did the ATV tour, which was amazing. After a brief instruction/safety briefing, you're off to explore the trails on your own for 3 hours. When we got back, we tried skeet shooting, and it was a blast (no pun intended). My wife and I were a lot more successful hitting clay pigeons than we had expected!

The food there is very good, better than what I had expected. However, if you're expecting four-star restaurant quality food, you're in the wrong place. The beds in the cabin aren't the most comfortable things in the world, but the soothing sound of the river behind the cabins makes for a peaceful sleep.

The entire staff was professional, courteous and accomodating. We definitely want to come back, likely in the wintertime, to have a whole new experience. A big thanks to Ryan, John, Shannon, Chef, and the rest of the group for a great weekend!

Room Tip: If possible, get a room with a view of the river.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Craig J
Aspen, Colorado
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Aspen Canyon Ranch is a great getaway from the busy resorts of Summit County. My girlfriend and I actually went back in February for weekend trip to stay in one of the cabins for a two night and take there snowmobile tour which was our first time. They had a unfortunate water issue that left us without running water for a night, but they handled this event very professionally by bringing us jugs of water and comping our wonderful trout dinner. We had a great tour on the plenty powerful new sled and felt very comfortable as beginers with our two guides one in front of the group of 10 sled's and one in back. We highly recommend this guest ranch and can't wait to return this summer for some horseback riding. I work in the hospitality business and as a result tend to be very aware of service levels as well as how situations are handled. I give these guys a lot of praise with how the water situation was handled, I am sure this was an isolated event. I hope you enjoy this ranch as much as we did we will be back!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Aspen31
Centennial, Colorado
Reviewed June 25, 2012

Aspen Canyon Ranch was the PREFECT weekend get-a-way. It is in a beautiful part of the Colorado Rockies not too far from Denver, Colorado (about 2 ½ hours away).
The cabins were clean and kept up, the food was good and the people who are running the Lodge are doing a VERY good job. They were friendly and very helpful.
We went on the horseback tour/trail and that was wonderful. The horses are well taken care of and we just had the most prefect ride! The trail guide did a very good job!!
My Daughter and Granddaughter had a lot of fun just being outside.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parshall
Wild Horse Inn
Wild Horse Inn
#2 of 3 in Fraser
Bud and Breakfast at Silverthorne
Devil's Thumb Ranch Resort & Spa
The Canyon Motel
The Canyon Motel
#1 of 3 in Hot Sulphur Springs

Been to Aspen Canyon Ranch? Share your experiences!