“Seriously, Panda Express is better. Avoid this place.”
Review of Mark Pi's Wok & Grill - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mark Pi's Wok & Grill
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed August 29, 2012

SAVE YOUR MONEY AND TIME!

Wish I'd read the other reviews here before I dropped $50 for food that is easily topped by Panda Express.

I'm pretty forgiving when it comes to asian food. I've eaten at more asian places than I could possibly count.

Mark Pi's is the worst I've been to.

I'll say something nice before I tell you how bad the food is: the staff was super friendly. Very nice, very gracious. But that cannot save a restaurant that serves the slop they do.

I ordered Honey Shrimp ($8.50) last night. Most of us know what to expect when you order this dish...a delight. Crispy shrimp tossed in a creamy sauce topped with sugar coated walnuts. Mark Pi's has a completely different take...no sauce, no walnuts, just super greasy partially fried shrimp DIPPED IN HONEY with uncooked fry batter inside. It was inedible. I left the entire plate there. We also ordered sushi---worst I've had, fried rice, which was the best dish on the table but still not up to snuff. Everyone at the table said, "wish we'd gone to panda express". Came home, read the other reviews, and plenty of other people said the same thing.

AVOID! You'll get a better taste of asian culture by drinking cheap sake and watching a godzilla movie.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

We loved stopping here on our way back from games or skiing to get a mix of chinese food (AWESOME) and suhi (oh so YUMMY).

I was saddend to see that Mark Pi's is no longer there. I hope their predecessors can live up to Mark Pi's quality food for a reasonable price.

Reviewed August 3, 2011

We have eaten at this Mark Pi's for years and until the past year or so food was very good. The woman who owned/ managed it at the time was excellent in overseeing everything and believed in good food and customer service. However, this is no longer Mark Pi's. It is now called Parker Wok and Grill. We did not immediately notice the change because there was still a Mark Pi's sign by the street, but the Mark Pi signs have been taken off the building and replaced. On first glance the food offered appeared to be the same, for example they still offered a dish called Mark Pi's chicken. However, the interior of the restaurant was filthy, as well as the restrooms. At first we thought it was just messed up because they are changing things around, but when we sat down to eat the tables and floors were dirty. The food was terrible, and the Mark Pi chicken was not spicey like it used to be, and there was not the variety of vegetables it used to be served with. The egg rolls tasted like cinnamon, like they had been deep fried in oil used for cooking something else. They also did not get our order right-- and we ordered 2 Mark Pi chicken dinners and 2 Sweet and sour chicken dinners! How hard could that be? But somehow they managed to only bring 3 meals out so our 4th person had to wait. The food was terrible, and given the filthy conditions we will not be back.

1  Thank mountain_eden
Reviewed August 17, 2010

With a drive-thru and takeout, this counter-service restaurant is tasty and efficient. The managers are frequently onsite and the sushi preparers are very friendly.

Reviewed January 30, 2009

We've been going here on and off for years, since the building was converted after a fire. It's been good and it's been bad, but lately, it's just been bad. Don't get the sushi, and don't visit the women's restroom (the sink is scary). I do not want to be libelous, but I believe I have become sick after eating here. I will not go back.

1  Thank momincolorado22