“Where I go when I want some red meat in Parker!”

Trapper's Chop House
Reserve with OpenTable
Trapper's Chop House is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 166 Restaurants in Parker
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Awesome bar area or restaurant for finer dining. Same menu in both areas and bar service is usually faster. Great martinis and great steaks! There is a an awesome entree choice that comes with two four ounce petit filet's oscar style (crab meat) with jalapeno cheddar mashed potatoes. There is plenty for two people and they will plate if for two if you ask...makes it very affordable and the perfect size meal!

1  Thank DrFtheTravelGuy

Reviewed September 21, 2012

Wemt in for "date night" and was pleasantly surprised. The selection of very high grade meat was awesome. Beef, buffalo, venison, and elk was all fresh and excellent cuts. When the rocks came to our table I was a little intimidated but got into the swing of things rather quickly. The main course, sides, ap's, and dessert were very good. I would recommend for date night, dinner with friends and adults. I don't think this a kid friendly sort of place. It's a little dark and relatively quiet.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

I stayed at the Holiday Inn in Parker, CO on a business trip, and Trapper's was the hotel's bar/restaurant. Needing a bite to eat after a long day of traveling, I popped in and was pleasantly surprised at the nice setting. I ordered the Stuffed Portobella Mushroom appetizer - a puff pastry topped with a large portobella mushroom cap, fresh tomato, basil, garlic, Asiago cheese, and drizzled with basil oil and balsamic glaze - which was both visually appealing and quite tasty, and paired beautifully with a glass of Italian Super Tuscan wine recommended by the bartender.

A few days later I returned to the restaurant for dinner with my colleagues, and ordered the filet mignon. Being from Texas, I eat a lot of steak, but I have NEVER had a "steak experience" like this! The steak is served on a platter with three sections:

- On one side are the jalapeno cheddar mashed potatoes (which were "to-die-for");
- On one side are raw veggies;
- And in the middle is a large lava rock heated to 750 degrees with a beautiful 8 oz fillet sizzling on top.

The staff showed us how to slice the meat and cook it to our taste. The steak was good on its own, and then there were also three sauces for dipping, if desired. (My favorite was the chipotle, which had a nice flavor and did not overpower the meat.)

And all of this was followed by the Strawberries Grand: pound cake, vanilla bean ice cream, strawberries marinated in Grand Marnier, and drizzled with an orange creme anglaise.

All in all it was a wonderful meal, accompanied by live smooth jazz music. You may have heard the saying "Sell the sizzle...not the steak." Well, Trapper's sells both. Definitely worth a visit...especially if you only have to take the elevator to get there.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

Nice well appointed restaurant. Friendly staff especially the cook who came to our table & answered wifes questions about cooking on a rock. My wife thought this was a unique way to cook a steak & now she has me looking for a suitable "rock", for our home experience. Sort of pricey in the Ruth Chris fashion, but they quite frequently have discount adds . Nice bar & what appeared to be a regular local crowd. Nice vied from the top of hotel.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

My husband and I ate here for our anniversary and we really enjoyed it. The service was really good, and we both ordered a steak/seafood combination to cook on a lava rock. They bring out a piping hot slab of lava rock, and your steak and/or seafood, cut up and uncooked. Then you get to cook the meat on the lava rock. It was great, and I love the fact that we can cook our steaks as well done or as rare as we want them. The restaurant has a nice ambiance, too. The large windows look out to a great view of the mountains, which is especially nice if you are dining at sunset!

1  Thank TravelMore1978