“Touch of England - Tea & Food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Lunch, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Seating
Parker, Colorado, United States
“Touch of England - Tea & Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Fantastic place to have tea of any kind. Huge selection of green, oolong, flowery teas and excellent Black teas. Scones, Crumpets, Clotted Cream, Lemon Curd, Black Currant. English pies, beef and mushroom, Spinach and Artichoke...Rob and his wife are wonderful!

Visited December 2013
2 Thank JimCrypto

Centennial
“The owners are EXTREMELY helpful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2012

I am a tea lover. I have been studying tea for the past year, and am doing part of my university honors thesis on tea! For one of my earlier projects, I visited English Tealeaves, and I didn't want to leave!

The owners, Rob and Lynne, were extremely helpful to me, and they made my project a joy to work on. They are friendly and welcoming, and Rob really knows his tea!! He truly went out of his way to help me learn about tea, and he recommended a couple great books on the history of tea that I bought and refer to regularly for my larger project.

As a customer, I like browsing the teas and tea blends. They know how to buy it, how to prepare it, how to display it, and how to serve it! And they sell beautiful collectors teapots and English china cups that I haven't seen anywhere else. My husband can even get gluten-free scones here, and they're delicious!

My favorite quick snack at Tealeaves is a pot of or White Cherry tea with scones and blackcurrant jam... or Earl Grey Cream tea and a Battenburg... or Silver Needle green tea with cheddar and tomato sandwich... so many choices!

I'll definitely be bringing my laptop, books, and my appetite to Tealeaves while I study and worn on my next big tea project for school.

• Visited March 2012
Lone Tree, Colorado
“The best tea experience in the greater Denver area, hands down...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2012

I am a huge fan of good loose leaf tea, and places that know how to properly prepare it (good tea poorly prepared is too common unfortunately). I have visited Rob & Lynne's place - English Tea Leaves - for years now. It is THE place to go if you appreciate quality tea, prepared well, with a knowledgeable staff that can guide you as you explore teas from around the world. Their tea selection and expertise are unparalleled, and they are more than happy to help you learn more about tea if you so desire. They also have a decent lunch menu with pies, pasties, scones and salads to choose from. If you've ever been to one of those "franchise" tea places and you left underwhelmed, you need to visit English Tea Leaves. It is the real deal!

• Visited July 2012
Denver, Colorado
“If you're seeking a peaceful & relaxing place for a spot of tea & scones..come here, but it's pricey”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2012

I love Tealeaves. I always find it offers a serene tranquil place to escape, enjoy a spot of tea (there are TONS to choose from..excellent variety) & delicious scones-the best anywhere~! The owners & staff are very friendly & knowledgable. Not sure which tea to try? You can sniff the samplers & the staff will give great suggestions be it, white, green, black, oolong, and many more. Want a healthy tea to combat a cold? They've got it. One to decrease stress? It's here. Looking for unique gifts for a favorite tea lover? This is the BEST place. Or perhaps you want to host a tea party. They sell their tea, scones kits and various accoutrements such as electric tea kettles, china, biscuits and much more.
Today I took my daughter to try lunch. I don't usually have the time to come for lunch so it was nice to have the opportunity. My daughter loved the cheddar over sliced apples on bread & chicken noodle soup. They have a nice menu, including some gluten free scones and other items, and there were 3 soups to choose from. Also, they offer some tasty desserts to accompany your tea. I had the beef & mushroom pie, which was nice, but small & pricey. I will say the salad dressing is an English salad dressing, which I think basically tastes like mayo. Not my cup of tea! Luckily they have vinegar & oil. Now I don't usually complain b/c I like going here, but this being my first time for lunch, I have to say the portions were small and it was very expensive for lunch for 2. We paid about $35 for our food, 2 ice teas, & a dessert sampler. I don't think the value is very good, but it's a nice occasional experience. When I'm craving scones and tea, plus some relaxation this place is perfect every now & then. So I think I'll stick with that & the occasional peppermint smoothie for my daughter-excellent.

• Visited April 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
colorado
“Expensive!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2012

While I appreciated that this cafe has gluten free options, it was very expensive! A couple of scones, two pots of tea, a sandwich for my daughter, a cornish pastie, and a brownie cost us sixty dollars. Insane!!! The scones we're very dry and not worth sixty bucks.

• Visited December 2011
3 Thank unclesheepskin
Roblynneridge, Owner at English Tealeaves Cafe, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
We assume that there must be some confusion on the pricing as the cost for what the reviewer stated comes to approximately $40, as shown on our web site menu. Perhaps they also bought some loose leaf tea to take home?
Disappointed that the customer found the scones too dry - this is very surprising as the scones are baked fresh every day and are our most popular dessert, with the English imported clotted cream and jam.