“Nice Stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Parker
Vail, Colorado
“Nice Stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Chose this hotel for a Memorial Day weekend getaway. Price was decent and they have a restaurant inside the hotel. Room service was fast and pleasant. Staff nice, rooms clean. Pillows need upgrading. Noise level fine and we were right by the elevator and ice machine. The hallways were quite warm, not sure if they just haven't fired up the A/C yet (May). 3 other restaurants within walking distance if you get bored of the hotel restaurant (which is very nice). Overall, a good stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
San Diego
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2013

I visit Parker on business at least 5 times a year. I like this hotel for several reasons. First, it's across the street from a large Lifetime Fitness. Typically if you go in the morning, and you tell them you are staying at the Holiday Inn, the let you in for free. Sometimes they make you pay $15 but its a great gym! I also like the restaurant, Trappers. They have a good room service menu if you dont feel like going to the restaurant. Finally, if you are looking to get out of the hotel, there are a few restaurants in walking distance. The other option is the Hilton Garden Inn but the don't have a restaurant and its a bit further down the road from the gym and restaurants.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Rock Springs, Wyoming
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

I had to go to Parker for a Conference and we stayed at the Holiday Inn. It was great hotel, spacious rooms, and a fabulous restaurant on the 4th floor with views of the Denver Sky Line. Every one was really nice and my three days there were very enjoyable. Thank You!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Baraboo, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

I recently traveled to Colorado for a business meeting held at this property. My flight in arrived WELL before check-in time, and the front desk clerk was able to get my co-worker and me checked in upon arrival.

I am in hospitality, and I typically "inspect" my hotel rooms when I first get into my room. My room was very clean, and very comfortable. My ONLY complaint was that while the pillows are labeled "soft" and "firm" I really couldn't discern a significant difference (I am a soft pillow sort of sleeper)...That being said- I slept very well.

The staff was friendly (not overly), and helpful. I left a note for my housekeeper asking for extra regular coffee, and that afternoon I had several extra packets left for me.

The breakfast (which isn't included) was average. It was essentially an expanded continental breakfast, but everything I ate was very good.

The first night we stayed the fire alarms went off, and all guests were instructed to evacuate. I appreciated knowing they had a system in place for this sort of thing, and was impressed by the front desk clerk's ability to remain calm and collected.

This location was convenient as we were able to meet, eat, and coordinate traveling easily from this one location. I will definitely stay here again the next time I am in Parker!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank wisco-woman
Waianae, Hawaii
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stayed at this Hotel for 7 days. The rooms were clean but lighting needs to be improved. Location and parking was great. The only main complaint was I ordered this stay through an Internet service and i got an upgrade EXecutive room ($15 per day additional charge). All I got was coupons for breakfast (worth $10) which at most other hotels the same breakfast is complimentary. My executive room came with no refrigerator and no microwave. The staff said an executive room is considered a standard room. What's the rooms called with a refrigerator and microwave? Presidential suites! I complained three times to no avail. Fine....you got me this time.

The last comment is for the personnel staff at the Hotel. It seems the staff was not excited to greet their guest in the hotel. There was only one employee (resturaunt) that said good morning and have a good day everyone else looked the other way and did not say anything; which I thought was odd. Manager...... I hope your reading this review. You need to work on your staffs professionalism in greeting your guest at all times. It seemed that they did not appreciate my business. Two other guest commented about this behavior.

I have only written one other review in my life. But I thought the management needed to know what they need to improve on with their employees.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Houston, TX
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

The Holiday Inn was nicely appointed in the lobby and guest rooms that appeared to be recently renovated.

The bed was comfortable, and guests had both soft and firm pillows to provide a customized sleep experience.

Good sized bathroom with a nice shower that was never without hot water.

The in-house restaurant/bar/lounge was nice and the food was great! (See my review of Trapper's Chop House for more info.)

The only complaint I have is about JP's, the breakfast area. Many of the plates/bowls on the buffet were dirty. The eggs were like eating a sponge. I had a piece of wheat toast with an individual package of peanut butter, and one of both of those foods had a metallic or chemical taste to them (I only ate two bites). An individual packet of honey was rock solid. A box of Fruit Loops was stale. A small carton of milk had chunks in it (not sure if it was ice chips or curdled, but it wasn't appetizing). Bottom line: Just say 'no' to JPs. Get breakfast elsewhere or skip it altogether.

Room Tip: Rooms on the third floor below Trapper's Chop House have two distinct disadvantages: 1) it soun...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Denver-Parker-E470/Parker Road, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Dear VineyardWoman,

Thank you very much for taking the time to leave us a review. I am delighted to know that our location and room accommodations were good enough for your needs. I apologize if you found your stay less than satisfactory due to the breakfast issues you experienced. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments.

Again, thank you for staying with us and taking the time to give feedback.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

Stayed on the second floor could have sworn they had the heater going on full blast in the hallway. No refrigerator. Room didn't have a shower curtain but once brought to attention they were very quick to handle. A/C in the room wasn't very efficient had to have them reset the breaker each night before bed. The doors also close very quickly made me incredibly nervous with my little ones fingers. However the staff was great and quick to do what they could. Still not worth the price.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank Mrsunderwood08
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Denver-Parker-E470/Parker Road, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Dear Mrsunderwood08,

We want to thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with such important information about your recent stay. We are delighted to read our staff were able to assist you and were quick to attend to your needs. However, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. Your comment about the door was duly noted and will certainly be looked into. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Parker
Hampton Inn & Suites Parker
Fairfield Inn & Suites Denver Aurora/Parker
Hampton Inn & Suites Denver / South-RidgeGate
Candlewood Suites Meridian Business Center
BEST WESTERN PLUS Castle Rock
La Quinta Inn & Suites Castle Rock

Been to Holiday Inn Denver-Parker-E470/Parker Road? Share your experiences!