Don Mammoser Photo Day Tours
Review Highlights
Canadian Rockies photo workshop

My wife Fran and I joined 6 like-minded photographers for a fantastic trip with Don to the Canadian... read more

Reviewed October 23, 2019
birdphoto4u
Canadian Rockies and Yellowstone Photo Tours

I just finished two back to back tours with Don. The first was in the Canadian Rockies and was... read more

Reviewed October 2, 2019
whereswinker

All reviews canadian rockies photo workshop landscape photography new friends trip leader the past years fantastic trip yellowstone national park photo shoots mid day tuscany composition photographs locations image teacher equipment
Selected filters
Reviewed May 26, 2014

Just back from Don's amazing Tuscany Workshop! Don is a great teacher - extremely knowledgable and patient. His itinerary was well-scouted and he brought us to some out-of-the-way vistas few visitors ever find. We experienced the best of both worlds: a guided tour with a small group of very interesting people and the freedom to explore on our own. I am delighted with the results of my photography and have Don to thank for it. We're ready to go back again!
Check out his trip report at http://www.donmammoserphoto.com/Tuscany2014_Post_Trip.html

Date of experience: May 2014
Reviewed May 17, 2014

I have traveled to Italy a couple of times and really enjoyed the experience but I have to rate this trip as number one. Don took us to all the prime spots to both experience the culture and history of Italy as well as taking great pictures. We climbed to the top of several Bell towers and took some great pictures of the area. Spent a lot of time taking shots of street scenes with Don encouraging us to get out of our comfort zone and try something new. We got up early to get some spectacular sunrise shots as well as beautiful sunsets. I rate this as one of my best experiences in Europe and have asked Don to develop a Tuscany part two. Nine days of spectacular pictures, plenty of great food and wine. Loved every minute of it.

Date of experience: May 2014
Reviewed March 25, 2014

I've been on several photo trips with Don in the past decade and have thoroughly enjoyed
my experiences with him. He pays attention detail and I always come home with what I consider
to be great photos and also have a lot of fun. Now to add frosting on the cake.... his wonderful wife Anya joins on many of the trips. I look forward to future international trips.

R Rock

Date of experience: March 2014
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I've had the pleasure of attending several of Don's workshops throughout the US and Canada over the past decade and have come to appreciate Don not only as an excellent photographer with a knack for finding beauty in the simplest objects, but also as a walking encyclopedia on the history and culture of these locations. Even if you are solo or with a group that has different levels of photographic skills, Don has infinite patience when it comes to explaining various styles and techniques with his guests. I have become a better photographer because of his workshops...and you will as well...and have a great time doing it!

Date of experience: July 2013
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have enjoyed Don Mammoser's photo tours on many occasions. Don combines an incredible enthusiasm with a deep knowledge of photography to provide a first class instructive photographic experience. In addition, Don has the kind of personality that makes each participant feel important and valued. He has absolutely made me a better photographer and I would recommend Don to anyone, of any ability level, who wishes to become a better photographer....and have a lot of fun in the process.

Date of experience: July 2013