Don Mammoser Photo Day Tours
Review Highlights
Canadian Rockies photo workshop

My wife Fran and I joined 6 like-minded photographers for a fantastic trip with Don to the Canadian... read more

Reviewed October 23, 2019
birdphoto4u
Canadian Rockies and Yellowstone Photo Tours

I just finished two back to back tours with Don. The first was in the Canadian Rockies and was... read more

Reviewed October 2, 2019
whereswinker

All reviews canadian rockies photo workshop landscape photography new friends trip leader the past years fantastic trip yellowstone national park photo shoots mid day tuscany composition photographs locations image teacher equipment
Selected filters
Reviewed October 19, 2013

I've had the pleasure of attending several of Don's workshops throughout the US and Canada over the past decade and have come to appreciate Don not only as an excellent photographer with a knack for finding beauty in the simplest objects, but also as a walking encyclopedia on the history and culture of these locations. Even if you are solo or with a group that has different levels of photographic skills, Don has infinite patience when it comes to explaining various styles and techniques with his guests. I have become a better photographer because of his workshops...and you will as well...and have a great time doing it!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

I have enjoyed Don Mammoser's photo tours on many occasions. Don combines an incredible enthusiasm with a deep knowledge of photography to provide a first class instructive photographic experience. In addition, Don has the kind of personality that makes each participant feel important and valued. He has absolutely made me a better photographer and I would recommend Don to anyone, of any ability level, who wishes to become a better photographer....and have a lot of fun in the process.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

I have had the pleasure over the last tens years to travel with Don Mammoser to many locations throughout North America. His knowledge and teaching style were perfect for my needs. As an advanced amateur, Don helped me refine my craft and assist me in efforts to improve my technique. His knowledge of the locations we visited was essential to the success of every trip. Knowing where to go, when to get there, and finding the best accommodations, brings me back to Don's Photo Tours year after year.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I've been on several photo tours with Don over the past 10 years and they are always of very high quality. Don puts in the extra effort to become intamately familiar with the photo locations so he can guide the group to them at the right time of year and right time of day...many times beating the crowds so that we get the prime shooting spots at each location. The critique sessions during each workshop are very helpful and Don is always eager to help every student on any part of photography...from how to's in the field, to post processing editing tips, even how to get your feet wet in the photography business (submission of images to the right places that match your photography interests). Don has a ton of energy and this in turn rubs off on all of the workshop participants. We all come to Don's workshops as individuals but leave as friends...it's like one big happy family immersed in photography. I would highly recommend any of Don's photography workshops, day long, weekends, or multiple day sessions, they are all a very good learning experience no matter what level of photographer you are. Try him, you'll be glad you did :) Steve A in Idaho

Date of experience: April 2013
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I've done several photo trips with Don, from 4 days to a week, in several Western locations. Don's been a wonderful tourguide and instructor; he scopes out the shooting locations we're visiting well ahead, and knows when to be where to capture the best scenery and the best light! He has developed a loyal following, and I've encountered previous participants on more than one trip. This speaks very well for his leadership; people (including me) wouldn't return unless Don was delivering a quality experience at a fair price!

Date of experience: September 2013