Don Mammoser Photo Day Tours
Review Highlights
Canadian Rockies

My sister and I recently completed the photo tour of the Canadian Rockies with Don Mammoser. The... read more

Reviewed September 28, 2018
Tonya329
New York City, New York
Canadian Rockies

This trip was six days in Banff National Park. I cannot describe the beauty of the mountains... read more

Reviewed September 27, 2018
Shauna S

All reviews canadian rockies his wife small group bird tour a lot of fun lighting conditions camera equipment great teacher new friends no matter gelato take pictures great photos seven nights sea lions nature photography photography trip
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I've been on several photo tours with Don over the past 10 years and they are always of very high quality. Don puts in the extra effort to become intamately familiar with the photo locations so he can guide the group to them at the right time of year and right time of day...many times beating the crowds so that we get the prime shooting spots at each location. The critique sessions during each workshop are very helpful and Don is always eager to help every student on any part of photography...from how to's in the field, to post processing editing tips, even how to get your feet wet in the photography business (submission of images to the right places that match your photography interests). Don has a ton of energy and this in turn rubs off on all of the workshop participants. We all come to Don's workshops as individuals but leave as friends...it's like one big happy family immersed in photography. I would highly recommend any of Don's photography workshops, day long, weekends, or multiple day sessions, they are all a very good learning experience no matter what level of photographer you are. Try him, you'll be glad you did :) Steve A in Idaho

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I've done several photo trips with Don, from 4 days to a week, in several Western locations. Don's been a wonderful tourguide and instructor; he scopes out the shooting locations we're visiting well ahead, and knows when to be where to capture the best scenery and the best light! He has developed a loyal following, and I've encountered previous participants on more than one trip. This speaks very well for his leadership; people (including me) wouldn't return unless Don was delivering a quality experience at a fair price!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Took a trip with Don to shoot fall colors last year in Telluride and it was so great that I signed up with a friend this year for his Canada trip. Just got back from a 4 1/2 day trip in Lake Louse/Banff and learned a lot! Not sure how his juggles the different personalities and knowledge levels but he does it with a sense of humor, patience, and genuine interest that each person gets the pictures they went there for. I like to shoot those pretty waterfall pictures and Don was so helpful with making sure that happened and that I used my camera correctly so everything was sharp and exposed correctly. We also shot some spectacular scenic sunrises/sunsets in places the crowds didn't know about (or Don gets you there ahead of them) as he researches everything before you arrive. There were 6 other people which was just right as we all got individual attention and everyone was respectful of each style/knowledge. Most of us didn't know each other but that changed after a few days as the show 'n tell sessions got us talking and learning from each other. Looking forward to the next trip!

Reviewed September 29, 2013

While I don't live in Colorado, and therefore have never been on a private day tour with Don, I have attended several longer (multi day) workshops with him. The most "exotic" trip was an international tour to Florence and the Tuscany area of Italy. As an avid amateur photographer, I am passionate about photography. Don is a great teacher, ensuring that each participant goes home with the best images possible, while doing so in a relaxed and fun environment. If you'd like to expand both the technical and creative sides of your photography, take a trip with Don. It will be dollars well spent, and you will love the results as well as the experience!