Don Mammoser Photo Day Tours
Review Highlights
Canadian Rockies photo workshop

My wife Fran and I joined 6 like-minded photographers for a fantastic trip with Don to the Canadian... read more

Reviewed October 23, 2019
birdphoto4u
Canadian Rockies and Yellowstone Photo Tours

I just finished two back to back tours with Don. The first was in the Canadian Rockies and was... read more

Reviewed October 2, 2019
whereswinker

All reviews canadian rockies photo workshop landscape photography new friends trip leader the past years fantastic trip yellowstone national park photo shoots mid day tuscany composition photographs locations image teacher equipment
Selected filters
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Took a trip with Don to shoot fall colors last year in Telluride and it was so great that I signed up with a friend this year for his Canada trip. Just got back from a 4 1/2 day trip in Lake Louse/Banff and learned a lot! Not sure how his juggles the different personalities and knowledge levels but he does it with a sense of humor, patience, and genuine interest that each person gets the pictures they went there for. I like to shoot those pretty waterfall pictures and Don was so helpful with making sure that happened and that I used my camera correctly so everything was sharp and exposed correctly. We also shot some spectacular scenic sunrises/sunsets in places the crowds didn't know about (or Don gets you there ahead of them) as he researches everything before you arrive. There were 6 other people which was just right as we all got individual attention and everyone was respectful of each style/knowledge. Most of us didn't know each other but that changed after a few days as the show 'n tell sessions got us talking and learning from each other. Looking forward to the next trip!

Date of experience: September 2013
Reviewed September 29, 2013

While I don't live in Colorado, and therefore have never been on a private day tour with Don, I have attended several longer (multi day) workshops with him. The most "exotic" trip was an international tour to Florence and the Tuscany area of Italy. As an avid amateur photographer, I am passionate about photography. Don is a great teacher, ensuring that each participant goes home with the best images possible, while doing so in a relaxed and fun environment. If you'd like to expand both the technical and creative sides of your photography, take a trip with Don. It will be dollars well spent, and you will love the results as well as the experience!

Date of experience: May 2013