“Trying too hard to be different”
Review of Tequila Joes Mexican Kitchen - CLOSED

Tequila Joes Mexican Kitchen
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Private Dining
Description: Tequila Joe's, voted Best Margarita by the Parker Chronicle, serves up authentic Mexican eats, all accompanied by an extensive collection of spirited Tequilas! Start your meal off with one of our zesty appetizers and an ice cold Beer or Margarita before diving into our traditional Mexican fare including Burritos, Chimichangas, Supreme Nachos, and Chicken Tacos. Our fire-grilled dishes are always seasoned to perfection- keeping with the sensibilities of authentic Mexican cooking. Tequila Joe's innovative specialties include the Margarita Shrimp, served with spring vegetables, and the Steak Ranchero, accompanied by beans and rice. We have unbeatable Happy Hour deals (4-6pm weeknights)- join our UNLIMITED Margarita Club and enjoy a Margarita with use, on the regular!
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I had the top shelf margarita which was mostly tequila on the rocks, not impressed. My wife had another marg selection that was a bit more palatable. I had the rellano as I normally do at Mexican restaurants, but again was very unimpressed. It is more like chicken fried in a Chinese wanton and then smothered in a pool of bland red sauce, could not finish the dish, nor could I locate any poblano pepper (there was potentially some chopped up in the wanton) which is typically included in a rellano. Wife had the tortilla soup which we both agreed was average to below average quality. Server was not very attentive but I think she was new so we cut her a break.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We were not impressed by the food. Everything came out pretty bland; some salt helped, but still left us with the sense that something was missing. The waitress was attentive, especially given the large group seated nearby. We may be back to give them another try, but maybe not.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

Tequila Joe's has become a regular spot to enjoy excellent food in Parker. They offer discounts quite regularly, and have a program 'online' (i.e. Front-Flip) where you can get additional value/discounts to enhance your dining experience.
We recently met the owner who has several other restaurants he is involved with that adds to his credibility as a 'restaurateur' and a creator of great tasting food. Jeff is very friendly fellow and made us feel very welcome.

There is a patio for outside dining as well as a seating inside to include a comfortable bar setting for drinks and/or appetizers. I have been to this location in Parker a number of times and find it a wonderful place to relax, have a great meal, watch any of several large LCD screens for sporting events. They seem to be BIG Rockies fans as well.

I recommend it highly!! Check it out!

Reviewed May 29, 2013

We have been here around 10 times over the last 2 years or so since they opened. The food is pretty average but also affordable. The Carnitas platter is pretty decent and their green chile is better than average.

The patio is probably the best feature here. Fire pit, plenty of tables and a great place to grab an afternoon margarita and relax.

Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

I ate here with my family, and chose a chicken tortilla soup --- I think maybe the chef dropped the canister of salt into the soup - as I could barely swallow the soup - and I usually enjoy salty foods. We mentioned it to the server and they offered another choice - I really wanted hot soup and brought out the other choice. Again with the salt!! Our server was annoyed when I mentioned it - and I can understand - but then he and the manager stood over and both tried the second soup and declared it fine. The rest of my family - incidentally - agreed with me. Their entrees were "fine" they claimed, but not great. The server and manager eventually brought me a third dish, with a side of passive aggressive, and it tasted fine. I hear several friends say they like the place overall - but we prefer a couple nearby alternative places nearby, just search zip 80134.