“A Princess Among Giants”
Review of Parachute Inn

Parachute Inn
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Parachute
Richmond, Virginia
“A Princess Among Giants”
Reviewed February 28, 2012

If you're traveling I-70 and you're timing is right you will find a sweet, little gem of a non-chain hotel among the more famous national outfits and the looming alps of Colorado in small town Parachute. We spent a night in Parachute Inn, February, 2012, and were 100% pleased with a spotlessly clean room, well-appointed, and in perfect repair, with comfortable beds,a silent environment leading to refreshing sleep, and a fully-supplied, free and satisfying petit dejeuner in the lobby in the morning at 4:30 a.m. All that was required for a one-night rest stop at a price none of the big chains would have bettered. On arrival a young desk clerk directed us to an excellent Latino restaurant a block away and at breakfast a cordial chat with the owner guided us to sites to notice as we sped away into the morning. Apparently it was formerly an America's Best Value Inn, but we've never encountered a link in that chain to equal this place. A treasure discovered.

Room Tip: Always check the room before paying. Ours was superb.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank papaperegrin0

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Chicago
Reviewed September 14, 2010

I just needed to add my two cents to the reviews. There aren't a lot of hotels in this area, especially for a reasonable price. We were traveling for almost 20 hours and needed to stop for the night and this was the cheapest hotel in the area (by far). So we stopped.

The people at the desk were nice enough, but claimed they only had one queen bed room open. I guess we got the bottom of the barrel. The room was in poor shape. The hotel was in poor shape. The hotel was used primary for construction workers and the quality of the room inside showed it.

There was plaster caked on the sides of the dressers on the sink, almost everywhere. Plaster dust matted into the badly needed cleaning carpeting.

The bathroom was gross. I had to wear my flip flops in the shower. We just need a bed and a hot shower. We got the bed (not so horrible) and the shower (which was hot). We fell asleep (our sleep wasn't distrubed) and upon waking quickly left.

Don't believe they have a continental breakfast. They do not. They put out a really, really bad pot of coffee and a box of muchins that were all stuck together. That's it!

This was the worst hotel we stayed at, the other hotel that I rated less than this, we fled before the night was over. This one wasn't quite as bad. Would we stay here again, not if another hotel was $20 higher somewhere else. It's not worth the savings of $20 when you can't stand to touch anything!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank ChgotoCancun
Parachuteinn, General Manager at Parachute Inn, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
I am sorry that this traveler had a poor stay at the Parachute Inn. I want everyone to know that we have been continually working on the rooms to improve their quality as can be witnessed by the other comments left by other guests.
I do, however want to address the comment about the breakfast. The customer mentioned that they were severed, " munchies from a box that was all stuck together. " I was not the manager in 2010 but I have been involved with this motel for many years and the breakfast served here has never been less than an assortment of cold cereals, bagels, and either biscuits, blueberry muffins, or cinnamon rolls throughout it's entire 30+ years of existence. I have upgraded the breakfast since I took over and people love everything we have to offer and absolutely love our Coffee.
I feel that the customer got our property confused with another one that they might have stayed at along the way that same trip.

Thank you for your time and I truly hope your stay here will be a great one when ever you stay.

Ronald Miller
Parachute Inn

Travelers are raving about these Parachute hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Parachute
Days Inn & Suites Parachute
Grand Vista Hotel
Grand Vista Hotel
#2 of 5 in Parachute
Candlewood Suites Parachute
La Quinta Inn & Suites Rifle
Hampton Inn & Suites Rifle
Comfort Inn & Suites

Been to Parachute Inn? Share your experiences!