“I thought I might be invisible........”
Review of Louie's Pizza

Louie's Pizza
Ranked #14 of 19 Restaurants in Paonia
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Seating
Dining options: Seating
Colorado
“I thought I might be invisible........”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

I walked in, seated myself as the sign requested, and sat right in front of the bar. In plain view of the waitress behind the bar. There were only three tables with customers, BUT it seems like the "in crowd" was at the bar.......and all friends of the waitress. She was asking for critiques of her new hat and engaged in other chit chat. After finally getting water and a menu, she said she would be "right back." I don't know exactly what those words mean to her, but to me it felt like "you're interfering with my time with my friends, so I'll be back if I don't forget." Wine was served in a juice glass...........no, smaller than a juice glass. She only checked on me once and she speed walked by after her lengthy smoke break. However, when the pizza came it was fabulous....... I will say that I will probably have the pizza again.........TO GO!!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank oct2447

Norman, Oklahoma
“A local staple”
Reviewed July 6, 2013

Louie's is where you will meet the locals. The pizza is good, the service friendly, the atmosphere is, well, local!

Visited July 2013
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
“Good Food, OK service, interesting atmostphere”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Louie's Pizza is about the only easy to see Pizza place in Paonia anymore. There were others, but I think they closed. Louie's is a full restaurant with a full menu, but they are known for their pizza, of course. The clientele is mostly local, though in Paonia, there are two general types of local: the ranchers/farmers and the hippies. The group that frequent's Louie's is definitely more down the hippie side of things it seems.

The place is definitely geared to wards music, and is filled with memorabilia. The food I have tried there has been very good, though they have a small kitchen, and the orders seem to get backed up sometimes. The drink selection is respectable, including a few micro-brews as well as more common fare.

One detractor that I have found here is that the people who work there seem to be part of the "hippie/organic" persuasion, just like most of the clientele. Sometimes they tend to engage in with the local customers to the detriment of service. It seems like they loose some of the customer service rating from this.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Tristan J

Been to Louie's Pizza? Share your experiences!