“Awesome place to stay”

A Simpler Time B and B
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Paonia
A Simpler Time B and B
Ranked #4 of 7 Paonia B&B and Inns
Westminster, Colorado
“Awesome place to stay”
Reviewed February 7, 2011

I stayed at A Simpler Time for two nights while in the area for business. It was very hard to find someplace to stay that I would feel comfortable, traveling alone as a woman. This was the best part of my trip! Sharon made me feel so at home - and treated me like family. I was so comfortable. The Balcony Room was an awesome room. The food was amazing. I highly recommend this bed and breakfast. Makes me hope to have to travel in that area again for business!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Car0lB

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Denali National Park and Preserve, Alaska
Reviewed September 30, 2010

My wife & I stayed here for 2 nights as a getaway for her birthday. The B&B is a victorian-era home, with two rooms for guests. For someone looking for a quaint, charming B&B, it's probably a great option. The guest areas of the home are beautifully decorated with a Victorian look. If you like that look, you'll love this place. The owners are friendly and accomodating. We unknowingly ended up in town during their harvest festival, and unfortunately were kept up qute late by revelers on the first night. It was VERY quiet on the 2nd night however, as the festival had ended.

The owners were mostly absent during our stay, I don't know if that is the norm. One of their parents was quite ill, and that may be why barely saw them. They were unable to serve breakfast on our 2nd morning, but made sure that a nearby B&B provided us with a nice meal.

Positives: It is 1 block off the main street, making it easy to visit the town. Breakfast was good with muffins, frittata, smoothies, tea, and juice served our first morning. Our room had a private deck, which was nice hang out on. Everything was very clean.

Negatives: Trains go through Paonia several times per night, and are quite persistent in blowing the horn (someone had been killed in a RR crossing accident recently, so the conductors are probably more cautious). The trains interrupted our sleep, but this is not the B&B's fault. The rooms only have full-size beds, even though there was easily space for a queen in our room (the bed size is noted on their website). Bedroom and bathroom door hinges desperately need oiled, as they squeak quite loudly, which is very unpleasant at night. My biggest concern was the warm room temperature. Even though the night-time temperatures dropped to a nice degree, our room stayed quite warm all night, even with our deck door wide-open. The in-room air conditioner was ineffective. I would not want to stay in this room in the heat of summer.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank kevin_from_AKandCO

Been to A Simpler Time B and B? Share your experiences!