“Sad brunch experience.”
Review of Mozaic Restaurant - CLOSED

Mozaic Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: No public transportation stops, but taxi service is available.
Description: Call 719-481-1800 for reservations of special events as they may blocked online due to limited seating. Exceptional Colorado views with cuisine to match. Casual fine dining awaits you at The Inn at Palmer Divide and the moZaic restaurant. Nestled in the foothills of the Front Range in Palmer Lake, Colorado. It is a short drive for a fantastic dining experience. The Inn is a full service event center that includes overnight lodging and fine dining. It is the perfect venue for a special dinner for two or a banquet for two hundred. Whether you are planning a Wedding, corporate event, training seminar, or just looking for an unforgettable dining experience: The restaurant features two of the most talented chefs in the area and the service staff is guaranteed to make your dining experience a memorable one. The moZaic features a diverse wine list and the Lounge provides happy hour drinks and Tapas daily. You"ll be glad you did!
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We have been enjoying the brunch at Mozaic for several years and in the last several times the quality of the food and service had begun to deteriorate; however, we thought we would give them a try once more. It was a horrible experience in that the carving station / omelet chef (and I use the term loosely) was not the regular one; this man was more like a fast food cook and not a good one at that. He used his hands to pry the waffle off the waffle maker (one more than one occasion), and then gave it to the customer (who took it!). He used his fingers to assist in preparing an omelet. He used his fingers to remove a piece of pork and placed it on my plate - his finger nails were dirty!!!! My husband ordered his eggs over-easy and this chef tried to flip them, they stuck to the skillet and so he used his hand to put them into the garbage. He used the same frying skillet for an omelet and then made my husbands eggs. He used his hands to pick up the roast beef, etc.
The variety of foods both hot and cold has declined. While the bison short ribs were good - there was only one rib left in the server and was not refilled within our dining period. The refill of entres and fruit plates were inadequate to the number of diners present. The wait staff was less than efficient and while pleasant there were several incidents where they could / should have been more attentive. Their uniforms are black and show that they have not been changed in some time. we were there at 11:00am and the uniforms were sloppy and soiled. The hostesses are teenagers who do not know how to comport themselves. All in all, I think the same family owns this restaurant / Inn, but the quality of food, service and cleanliness has denigrated seriously. Not only will we not return, but we have shared our experience with many of our friends.

TheInnatPD, Owner at Mozaic Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Thank you for taking time to let us know about your recent experience at moZaic. I am the owner and was out of town and am the usual person who is at the omelet and carving station during our Sunday brunches. I am very sorry I was not there to serve you.

Without sounding like an excuse, the chef we had earlier in the day at that station had a medical problem and had to be replaced by one of our prep cooks; someone who had not been trained to work in that environment. I sincerely apologize for his shortcomings--he has been counseled and reeducated on proper food handling techniques.

We do pride ourselves on having excellent food and plenty of it on our buffet. Attention to detail is one of our main emphasis and we apparently did not measure up to your expectations with our food, service, or appearance on that particular day. Again, I apologize for our short comings. If someone does happen to have a bad experience, we try our best to make it right. If you should chose to return to enjoy a future brunch with us, I would like you to call me at 719-481-1800 so I could host you for brunch to show that we can get it right.

Again, I apologize for your experience and hope that you will give us a chance to correct your perception of moZaic and our wonderful Sunday brunch.

Best regards,
Al Fritts
Owner/Manger
719-481-1800

Reviewed November 17, 2013

We have been to the MO Zaic Restaurant & Lounge several times and this was by far our best experience, The ambiance is delightful, the menu extensive but not overwhelming, and the service personal and thoughtful. I requested risotto instead of potato to accompany my steak and the chef obliged. The only negative element was the mannerism of the young woman at the desk facilitating reservations. She seemed annoyed.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I absolutely adore moZaic; it has become my go-to restaurant for whenever I want to enjoy a really nice dinner with my boyfriend. I live in Fountain but moZaic always makes it worth the drive. The food is definitely five star quality and the wine list is pretty decent. Also, they usually play smooth jazz -- a major plus for me. The restaurant also has a nice view of the mountains and is set in a beautiful location. I would absolutely recommend moZaic to anyone for dinner!

Reviewed November 2, 2013

First time to Mozaic for my birthday dinner with friends. First impression, great. Wonderful location, great views. Interior of the restaurant very relaxing and inviting. Starters, I had the New England clam chowder. Great flavor and not over seasoned. Wife had the pear and spinach salad. Also very good. Because it was prime rib night, I had the larger 12 ounce cut. Cooked perfectly and great flavor, but a little tough and chewy. The wife's drunken chicken was spot on. Great flavor and the risotto was great. The drinks and wine were terrific as was the service. All totaled, a great evening.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

We love this hidden gem! Everything about it is great about this Scenic resturant, wether it is for an anniversary, birthday or other special event the service is great and the food is so good! If you are in the Palmer Lake area or if you are looking for a non-chain dining experience this is your place!

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant