“Don't Miss It.”

Ranked #4 of 16 Restaurants in Palmer Lake
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Small place with outstanding breakfast and lunch options. You will enjoy anything on the menu.
Coffee is great, far better than that big chain down the road that offers burned coffee.

Date of visit: March 2013

Reviewed April 6, 2013

I ate breakfast at the Speedtrap on the recommendation of my brother-in-law while visiting Colorado last month, and ordered 'The Breakfast'. The meal was quite good overall, with the homemade toast and the bacon being 'out of this world'. The only reason that I didn't rate my breakfast a five button meal was because my scrambled eggs came out 'soft' in spite of the fact that I asked them to be cooked well (I absolutely HATE runny or soft eggs). I did have a chance to sample the specialized Crepe's and they tasted great! The more customized your meal is, the better it tasted. The service was outstanding, and the atmosphere - can you say right out of Portland? This place would make any Northwestern boutique cafe proud! Overall, a good choice for breakfast.

Date of visit: March 2013
Reviewed February 22, 2013

This restaurant could hold its head up high in Portland, OR where breakfast restaurants reign supreme. A delightful, intimate eatery with about 10 tables and a counter. Wonderful service and menu that tickles the imagination. Our party experienced the eggs benedict on crepes over smoked salmon with asparagus which was beautifully prepared and a mushroom, onion quiche hot out of the oven. We all licked our plates clean. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: February 2013
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Eleven of us had breakfast there the day after Christmas, thanks to a recommendation from a friend. I'd been staying in the nearby town of Monument at a relative's house for the Holidays. Palmer Lake is off the beaten track, a 10-15 minute drive west of the I-25 between Denver and Colorado Springs. IF you find yourself in this neck of the woods, Speed Trap is a worthy breakfast spot.

My wife absolutely LOVED the mushroom and smoked Gouda crepe; large portion and $9. I had the Basic Breakfast (eggs, bacon, a slice of pie shaped cheese potatoes, and toast); all excellent and only $5.95. I know my choice sounds prey basic fare. It was, but each item was perfect. The coffee was a cut above, and our server was on the ball.

The main reason I'm posting this review is because of my wife's raving about her crepe. I'm sure she'll insist on eating there every time we visit our relatives in Monument.

Date of visit: December 2012
Reviewed November 30, 2012

The cozy coffee shop that turns into a great little hang out for a light meal and live music as the day progresses is a nice addition to Palmer Lake. Good coffee some baked goods in a small town atmosphere, not a national chain makes it special.

Date of visit: November 2012