“Fine Dining at it's best!”

The Villa at Palmer Lake
Ranked #2 of 16 Restaurants in Palmer Lake
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Located in the heart of Palmer Lake, CO
Reviewed September 20, 2012

Great food and the staff was at the top of their game! The food was mouth watering and the desserts......well we had three of them and I'm ready to go back! I love the location....On my next visit I want to dine alfresco and enjoy the outdoor ambiance! Thank you Villa for a great meal!

Reviewed September 16, 2012

I thought I would give the Villa another chance...I had previous experiences that were negative (customer service/food quality). The pedestrian quality of the food is especially difficult to swallow given the fact that the owners are seasoned restauranteurs and should know better. The service is substandard given the entree prices. The atmosphere is nice; comfortable dinning room, and nice outdoor seating available. I have patronized the Villa a few times, it will be a long time before I do again...they will need to change a lot about the quality of the food and the service before I return with my family. Our community could use a good restaurant, the Villa gives the illusion of a good restaurant, but falls short on the execution.

Reviewed September 8, 2012

- Two couples
- Carne Lasagna X 2
- Veal Saltambuca X 1
- Penne Rustica X 1
- Excellent bottle of Chianti for $27
- Food was excellent all around
- Wonderful waitress.. very personable and attentive
- Outdoor dining venue was outstanding.. a bit cool, so the space heaters were just perfect... very comfortable
- Great menu choices... and impressive value
- A very, very nice place for a nice intimate dining experience

Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is a wonderful restaurant for a nice romantic dinner. The staff is outstanding and we felt welcome and appreciated throughout the evening. We chose to dine during the week and were offered a few different tables because the restaurant wasn't full; we chose a nice one tucked away in a small room just inside the main seating area. The menu offers a nice selection of pasta, veal, and seafood at very reasonable prices. The wine list was robust and we ordered a few glasses of a very good Montepulciano that was surprisingly under-priced. We started with calamari and I recommend it highly. It was clearly breaded and fried from fresh, chunky pieces and not cooked from a frozen box; the dipping sauces were good, but the marinara was a bit bland. After confirming the seafood is flown in fresh, we both chose a seafood pasta and were very pleased. My wife was shocked at how large her Seafood Risotto portion was. The taste was wonderful but the risotto was slightly undercooked and the occasional crunch detracted from an otherwise nice dish. I had the mussels, shrimp, and scallops; the seafood was fresh, large, and perfectly cooked. The sauce was pleasant and highlighted the seafood very well. The portions were so large that we took home enough to have a complete meal the next day. The wait staff was excellent but their communication broke down as we approached dessert. We were asked by three different people about our choice after ordering from the first. When our primary server asked us he announced more desserts than the first did so we changed our order. We shared a very large chocolate cannoli that finished off the meal nicely. Because the risotto wasn't to our liking, the dessert was comped -- a gesture we appreciated very much. The villa missed out on an Outstanding rating due to the glitch with the risotto, but we plan to return and enjoy the superb staff and food again.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

This is a quaint little restaurant in the small town of Palmer Lake. It has a wonderful atmosphere, with a patio outside where you can watch the train go by and have a view of the lake. The inside is quiet and peaceful with a fireplace and a little nook that has ivy growing overhead so you can still feel like you are outside. Their calamari appetizer is one of the best I've ever had. My husband enjoys their lamb shank, and I believe their chicken marsala is one to try! Their chile salad dressing is fabulous! Try it out. We go their on date night every couple of months or so!