Tripadvisor

Peaches

Reviewed August 8, 2018
Harry B
Durango, Colorado

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed October 26, 2019

Excellent Peaches and jam. If travelling through Palisade July - Sept we always stop here. Price has gone up a bit though!!!!

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed September 2, 2019

BUYER BEWARE! We have bought peaches from Talbott's for many, many years. We usually ask for the seconds, as I am putting these up by freezing or drying them, and don't mind a few spots. We have never been disappointed.

On August 26, we bought 100 lbs. for ourselves, family and friends. We first tried a peach out of the box they have for show and it was delicious, sweet, juicy and with great texture. Usually, the second boxes contain a mix of different varieties of peaches, all with slight blemishes. I truly do not mind cutting around them when I process.

Four boxes came out of cold storage, none of them the least bit ripe. We let them sit around a few days, then started sampling them. They all had the same numerical code, 4044, on the stickers. They were nothing short of awful. Mealy, tasteless, not the least bit juicy. We had been suckered. BUYER BEWARE !! I called them to give them a chance to respond and do the honorable thing BEFORE I POSTED THIS REVIEW. I had to leave a message. No response. BUYER BEWARE!! $100 for what we ended up composting. SHAME ON YOU!

Date of experience: August 2019
Reviewed August 8, 2018

Stopped by and got a box of peaches. Very good!!! You can pick you own or buy them in the box. Great with vanilla ice cream.

Date of experience: August 2018
Reviewed July 29, 2018 via mobile

What a lovely and delightful place! We enjoyed friendly, helpful service and numerous samples. The selection of jams and condiments was impressive, and we had a great time picking out fresh fruit.

Date of experience: July 2018
Reviewed September 10, 2016

We stopped here only after being defeated by Mt. Garfield hike! I was looking to pick up a couple of jars of jam. Was I surprised to walk out with a sack of the best plums ever, seven jars of jam, numerous peaches and a peach salsa that Havarti cheese and crackers were made for. Becky, the owner was open and welcoming, she told us about the farm, how things were done and introduced us to the best beer jam ever. The farm and the jam and jelly maker are local and use organic ingredients. She was very open about the sourcing of ingredients. Do not miss a taste of the Vanilla Pear Jam. You will not be disappointed. Plus, Becky will put together gift boxes that she will decorate and
mail for you. Worth the stop off the I-70.

Date of experience: September 2016