“If you love Italian!!”

Cuisines: Vietnamese
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Very fiendly and family driven business!! The food is excellent ..My mother and sister and daughter and I try to have lunch there 1 time a week.They know us by name and remember what we like to eat and drink.The food is fresh and the sauces are to die for!! They have specials every week-end and evening.Do not be in a hurry when you go to Red Rose Cafe as it is home cooked but well worth the wait.

2  Thank y2shelleyk

Reviewed November 4, 2012

My family, all 23 of us have ate at her restaurant and never have had a compliant! It is a place where you go and are always remembered. The food is cooked to order not some fast food or like another restaurant down the street that uses frozen and packaged food. I would recommend this place to everyone, the Italian food is wonderful and Asian cuisine is authentic. Not only do the have those two styles of food but also American. ENJOY EVERYONE!!!!

3  Thank Sandra G
Reviewed October 18, 2012

After spending the day at the wonderful wineries in the Palisades area, my 2 adult children and grandaughter were looking for a wonderful restaurant to top off our perfect day. One of the local shop owners suggested the Red Rose Cafe. This was a rather quaint restaurant serving Asian/Italian food. We arrived early around 4:30pm for dinner and we were the only ones there, but realized that it was early. After about 5 minutes we were waited on by the owner; an older Asian woman. She took our drink orders and after that we waited about 15 minutes and a tall Asian man took our food orders. The menu was very diversified and had some rather unique items on the menu and our appetite was piqued.

The nightmare began when our waiter delivered our food. Everyone was smacking their lips as he set their entrees on the table, BUT, he didn't bring me what I had ordered. I had ordered a seafood entree and he brought out a sausage and pepper dish. Though it looked appealing, I was in the mood for seafood. He immediately went into a tirade, telling me that I had NOT ordered seafood! I told him that I believe that I know what I had ordered! He runs back to the bar area, grabbed a menu and proceeded to bring it back to me, screaming, ranting and pointing to what he said that I had ordered. I told him to just forget it and I was not going to have anything! He never returned to our table, but when the owner brought our checks, which I wasn't charged for mine, I told her that I had never been treated so poorly by anyone in the restaurant business in my entire life. Nothing was compted to anyone in my party. She did not apologize and said that everyone is happy with the food and service there. I told her that I was sure she had heard of Trip Advisor and she could be assured that she could read my review along with millions of other people. There must be other good restaurants in Palisades that you can enjoy good food and be appreciated at the same time.

2  Thank louannWestminster
Reviewed October 12, 2012

After our visit to the Red Rose in May 2011, we all decided to return on another Friday night in early October 2012. We had another absolutely wonderful meal - and an amazing experience.

We raved to the waiter (who is the son of the owner and chef) about our previous visit and the Cioppino we enjoyed during our earlier visit. It wasn’t on the menu that night, so a couple of us ordered their stuffed lobster special. When he took the order to the kitchen, he told his Dad how much we had enjoyed our previous visit, so they offered to make us the Cioppino even though it wasn’t on the menu that night.

Cioppino is an Italian Fish Soup – and the Red Rose version is made with a 1/2 lobster, mussels, shrimp, and scallops in a wonderful broth. We loved it, and devoured it. Also on our bill was a fabulous pork chop with a peach glaze – and it was similarly fabulous.

These folks know food, and prepare it better than many of the 5 star restaurants that I’ve ever experienced. I look forward to returning in the future, and thank them for allowing us to enjoy another great dinner with them. (Rose did suggest that we give her a call before we come the next time to be sure that they will have Cioppino on the menu the night we are coming – which is only fair.)

2  Thank Steve M
Reviewed October 6, 2012

This was our second visit to the red rose cafe. It was a slow night Oslo service was quick. I ordered the palisade chicken that was a chicken breast covered in slices almonds and smothered with peaches. It was fantastic! My husband had the ravioli with meatballs. The ravioli looked like they'd seen a freezer but the red sauce and homemade meatballs more than compensated. Order what's on special or ask what's fresh and you won't go wrong!

1  Thank kozamel