“Interesting experience” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of St Kathryn Cellars Wine Tasting and Colorado Fudge Factory

St Kathryn Cellars Wine Tasting and Colorado Fudge Factory
Ranked #1 of 10 Shopping in Palisade
More attraction details
Owner description: Located in the heart of Palisade wine country, St. Kathryn Cellars offers complimentary tastings of about 15 wines. Most are fruit wines such as Pomegranate, Peach Passion and Elderberry, that use 100% fruit juice. They are fermented like wine, but most don't use a single grape! St. Kathryn Cellars is connected to Talon Winery and the Colorado Fudge Factory. Come give fruit wines a try!
Yellowstone Nat. Park
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 27 helpful votes
“Interesting experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

I just hopped off the Interstate to get a bottle of wine. The showroom turned out to be an interesting place. Service was so-so but the variety of wines was surprising. They let you taste five wines in a suggested order, and I took advantage of that. The fruit wines are sweet and varied. Overall, a fun few minutes.

Visited September 2013

Denver, CO
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Very Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

I was in the area for the annual Peach Festival 2013. We stopped by St Kathryn Cellar for wine tasting and were greated with very rude employees. We asked at the fudge counter, what, in her opinion was the best fudge and what most people were liking. Her answer was, "they are all the same." Then we went in to taste wine at St Kathryn's. We asked about the wines and were greeted with very curt answers and unfriendly workers. In fact, we were supposed to be able to taste 5 wines and after 3 they told us we reached our limit. I understand they were exhausted from all the visitors in town but they could have put on a fake smile and greeted every customer with respect. We ended up walking out without buying anything.

Visited August 2013
Brian S, Manager at St Kathryn Cellars Wine Tasting and Colorado Fudge Factory, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
I'm very sorry that your recent visit to our winery was not satisfactory. I know we all worked very hard that weekend and we were all exhausted but that is no excuse for your lackluster experience. For that, I apologize.

Our standard answer to "what is your best fudge?" ,should be, "they're all good!". And I can attest to the fact that they are all indeed delicious! So it is possible that our associate may have misspoken and said, "they're all the same".

As far as your service at the St. Kathryn's tasting bar I am perplexed. I know we had our best team members working that weekend so I am highly disappointed to hear about your level of service. We very rarely enforce the five taste limit when a customer wants to sample a few more we usually let them, so I don't understand why you would have been cut off at three. I have spoken with most of my team members working that day and they are as perplexed as I am. I would really appreciate it if you could contact me personally so I can get some first hand information from you about your visit. We really do look at these negative reviews as a way to educate ourselves and get better at what we love to do!

Between all three of our tasting rooms we have 148 reviews. Out of that 148, 140 are excellent or very good. I mention this because it is evident that we strive for excellence in customer service. There is no way given our volume business during the Summer season that we are going to please everyone 100% of the time, all we can do is our best.

I know time is precious but if I could persuade you to contact me personally about your visit you would be instrumental in not only helping improve our customer service skills but also help us improve as a company as well!

Again, I apologize that your visit was not up to your expectations. We would love the chance to make it up to you so if you ever find yourself in the area stop in and ask for me personally. I'll do my best to make sure you have an excellent experience!

Michael Paxson
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“One of our favorites”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

We visited seven or eight wineries and participated in free, generous tastings at all of them...this was one of our favorites, as well as Carlsons and Whitewater Hill.

Siren, Wisconsin
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Cheers!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

Some of the best fruit wines I have found anywhere! I recommend you try the cherry and the peach! The staff is friendly and will answer your questions about wine, the area and more. Don't miss this stop when in Palisade!

Saint Cloud, Minnesota
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Definitely worth stopping at!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

We stop at Talon/St. Kathryn usually once a summer when we visit western Colorado. We have always enjoyed the wine - a great variety, with some interesting and unusual offerings as well as some classics, and certainly something to suit most everyone. Our most recent visit, mid June, 2013, was probably the best of all the times we've been there. Christy at the tasting counter was absolutely wonderful, and her friendliness and enthusiasm really enhanced our visit and our wine tasting. This one will always find a place on our itinerary.

Visited June 2013

Travelers who viewed St Kathryn Cellars Wine Tasting and Colorado Fudge Factory also viewed

Been to St Kathryn Cellars Wine Tasting and Colorado Fudge Factory? Share your experiences!