“Can't pass up this tasting room just off I-70”

Grande River Vineyards & Winery
Ranked #9 of 33 things to do in Palisade
More attraction details
Owner description: Grande River Vineyards...Gateway to Colorado's Wine Country and Colorado's Premium Winegrowing Estate offers tours and wine tasting daily of our European varietal wines made in the traditional style from Colorado grown fruit. Hours 9:00am to 5:00pm daily (362 days per year). Just off I-70 at Exit 42 in beautiful Palisade, Colorado. Stop in and see Colorado's Solar Powered Winery and taste a few of our award winning wines!
Denver, Colorado
64 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Can't pass up this tasting room just off I-70”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Grande River Vineyards and tasting room is the quintessential winery in the Palisade area of the Grand Valley, as it sits right off the highway, with acres of grapes intermixed with orchards literally pointing the way at exit 42 on I-70. Undoubtedly getting the heavy tourist traffic, the tasting room is now more restrictive in its tastings (3) per person, but no problem sharing around a sip if you want to get a full idea of a lengthy list of options, with many award winning ribbons. Slightly higher priced per bottle than if you wander off farther from the highway into the smaller vineyards and tasting rooms, though possibly more predictable quality. Shop has numerous items for the collector from wine charms to kitchen items.

Visited May 2013

Denver, CO
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Enjoyable”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I liked the wines here and purchased a bottle. I did feel that having only three complimentary tastes (instead of five at the winery next door) made it harder to settle in and taste. I felt like I was in and out the door quicker. They did have some nice gift items as well.

Visited May 2013
Cleveland, Tennessee
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“An enjoyable friendly tasting”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

The tasting is free with up to six wines of your choice. The server immediately suggested that my wife and I each taste different wines and share to be able to try more wines. The pours are small but adequate for two people to taste.
Wines are OK. They are adequately made but most all need to be developed more to be generally competitive in the US market, especially considering their retail pricing---much too high for the quality. That being said I think they are doing quite well for the youth of the entire Wine area and the development f the vines that I saw. One exception was the desert Viognier; it was a very nice competent wine--Tasty, sweet, good alcohol and likely a good ager. My wife enjoyed it a lot and we bought two wines, we were please to find it offer at a 20% discount.
Visit and enjoy this pleasant experience, especially if you enjoy wine tasting.

Visited March 2013
Englewood, Colorado
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great wine and people!”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We always stay at Wine Country Inn located next to Grande River Vineyards and this is our first stop on the way to the hotel! We enjoy every visit since the people are fun to chat with about wines, happenings in town and life in general! We joined the wine club this time around and I don't know why we haven't done it before! Great wine, great conversations and great people!

Visited December 2012
Colorado
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great Wine tasting room”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

We looked at several vineyards and stopped in their tasting rooms - this one was the best. Our "guide" was very informative not only on the wines she served but on the whole area. We stayed for an hour chatting with her and walked away with several wines that were perfect. They dont sell outside Colorado so stock up if you find something you really like

Visited November 2012