“Learned Something New”

Carlson Vineyards Winery & Tasting Room
Ranked #2 of 33 things to do in Palisade
More attraction details
Owner description: While we take the art of winemaking seriously, we like to have fun too. A favorite since 1988, we're known for pioneering Colorado wines made from local grapes and fruit, with names like Laughing Cat, Cougar Run, and a Dinosaur series. Carlson Vineyards, a small farm winery, produces premium wines in the heart of Colorado wine country above the town of Palisade, at an altitude of 4700 ft. Grape wines: Riesling, T-Red (Lemberger), Sweet Baby Red, Shiraz, Merlot, Chardonnay and Gewurztraminer. Fruit wines: Cherry, Plum, Peach and Pearadactyl (Pear-Apple). Relax and savor the scenic vistas of the Grand Valley and Colorado River too. Located on Palisade's Fruit & Wine Scenic Byway around mile marker 6 on East Orchard Mesa.
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Carlson Vineyards has some excellent wine and I was already familiar with a few types. What I didn't know was there fruit wines contain no grapes, just the fruits with their name such as their cherry wine. Truly great taste and fun.

There are newer reviews for Carlson Vineyards Winery & Tasting Room

Reviewed May 24, 2012

This is my favorite winery in Palisade! They have created a playful environment with excellant wines. They give you more than just wines, such as chocolate, pretzels, and a cherry lemonade wine. The Sweet Baby Red wine is my all time favorite!

Reviewed May 23, 2012

Attended a wine tour; this was one stop. Nice location; friendly staff. Cat lovers. Good wine.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

I visited Carlson Winery on a trip to Grand Junction with my mom. We purchased some wonderful muscat from them. I love dessert wines and I was pleasantly surprised to taste such great wine. Their winery is quaint in the sense, that you would never know there is this beautiful sitting area behind the tasting room with benches where you can relax and see the rows of grape vines growing up the hill. Very cool actually. Their staff was very welcoming to us, as well as the local vineyard cat. We tried several of their wines, and they suggested we try their cherry wine and also offered us some chocolate afterwards. It was a wonderful experience. We look forward to purchasing more wine from them in the future. :)

Reviewed March 28, 2012

Very informative and cute tasting room. The cabernet Sauvignon and Dessert Wines were our favorite. No fee to taste 4 wines