“Excellent wine, exceptional hospitality”
Review of Hermosa Vineyards

Hermosa Vineyards
Ranked #1 of 33 things to do in Palisade
More attraction details
Owner description: Palisade Vineyards and Winery
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I've bellied up to Hermosa's wine bar more than a few times at this point, and on each occasion I'm overwhelmed by Ken's knowledge and generosity--with wine and with the beautiful space he's put together off the dirt roads of Palisade--every time a reminder of why I look forward to going back. I know when I walk in I'll find good conversation, a flight of tastings I love from beginning to end, and if I stay awhile, a crack at one of those big glasses of cabernet sauvignon.

All reviews
"tasting bar"
in 5 reviews
"down to earth"

Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

This is what Napa probably was 30 years ago. Comfortable tasting room in the "garage" that houses the casks & bottling equipment for the vineyard. Owner Kenneth is personable & knowledgable. My favorite winery in Colorado...maybe anywhere.

Reviewed July 2, 2013

Oenophiles, this place if for you - and if you haven't suffered (gee, rather impossible to be a suffering wine lover) from oenophilia yet, you will - as this minuscule, one man winery produces seventeen (!) varieties of wine. Pour, taste, take some notes. Converse. Repeat. HOW THE HELL DO YOU CHOOSE JUST ONE WINE from Hermosa? You can't. Simply cannot. Each was so different and SOOOO good. First sip: Chardonnay. I generally don't like Chardonnay (red fan), but, I was so surprised with this one that I bought a bottle! (Convert? - Just Hermosa's Chardonnay.) Getting me to like a Chard is like, well, telling a kid to eat their veggies. The Malbec was exquisite. The ice-wine, divine. Listening to Ken as he intertwined a grapevine of stories of his vineyards: of getting into the frozen field at 4am to quickly harvest grapes to create the ice wine; of creating his own machinery to more rapidly bottle (electrical engineer), of wedding parties thrown on the property.

Here is what Yelpers need to know: If you only have time for a winery or two, stop at Hermosa! I will definitely venture back (with a larger cooler) and enjoy two of my favorite things: great wine and conversation. Dark chocolate optional.

Thank skiparkcity!
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We were recommended to this vineyard for tasting by our bed and breakfast owner. The owner spent about an hour and a half with us, sharing amazing experiences and great wines. This was our favorite tasting in palisade and definitely a worthwhile stop!

See more reviews
Reviewed June 30, 2013

This was our third stop on a self guided cycling tour of palisade wineries my fiancee and I were doing. Ken took the time to walk us through all of his wines, including a late harvest gewurtz that was just bottled that day. We were also amply supplied with salty snacks and water, which was a boon considering the temps that day (100+ degrees). After making our purchases we went to depart, only to find a flat tire on one of our bikes. After we unsuccessfully tried to fix it, Ken closed up shop, put our bikes in the back of his Suburban and drove us down to the local bike shop. You won't find that kind of selfless attitude anywhere! Ken gave us lessons on the local history, geology and wineries the whole time as well. We had never been to Palisade before this trip, but will certainly come back after this experience!