“Best in Palisade”

Ranked #1 of 33 things to do in Palisade
More attraction details
Owner description: Palisade Vineyards and Winery
Reviewed March 12, 2013

By far the best of the Palisade wineries/vineyards we visited. The tasting room is nothing fancy, but all of the wine was excellent and Ken was very friendly and informative. His passion for wine is evident in the way he talks, and in the taste! I bought no more than 1 bottle from every other winery, but 4 from Hermosa. We will definitely be back.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

During a warm weekend in February we found ourselves at Hermosa Vineyards tasting some excellent wines and having great conversation. Kenn is a terrific owner, he is both passionate and knowledgeable about the wine he makes, and it's apparent in the taste. If you are visiting Palisade for a wine weekend I would highly recommend visiting Hermosa Vineyards, tucked away in southern Palisade, but worth the trip.
The tasting room is an inviting place, and I look forward to the summer time when the fire pit is going! We will make sure to come back to Hermosa as the weather warms, although winter is a great time to visit as well. This place is a gem, don't miss it on your trip it Palisade!

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Looking for an "off the beaten track" winery? Then, Hermosa Vineyards is the place. Located on Orchard Mesa (south of Palisade), you must look for the Winery flag or you'll miss the entrance. There was snow on the ground and the road followed the irrigation canal as is winded through the trees. Being late winter, we thought the place was closed but upon knocking on the door (which the sign said to do) we were greeted by Kenn who proceeded to open the overhead door to the tasting room. The atmosphere is very casual and this is NOT a Broadway production. You actually feel like you were at your neighbors place; relaxing, joking and tasting some great wine. Ken explained each wine we tasted, talked about it's best parings, and gave great examples of how to relax with "your wine of choice." We left with a case of our best tastes and plan to return in the summer when the fire pit outside the tasting room will be going.

Reviewed February 22, 2013

My husband and I went to Grand Junction this past weekend and decided we wanted to stop by some wineries we haven't previously been too. I came across Hermosa Vineyards on trip advisor and decided it would be on our list. We are so happy we did. Kenn greets you enthusiastically when you first arrive and really treats you like a friend through the whole tasting process. We found some amazing wines we really loved, but the true pleasure was you can tell Kenn really loves his job and loves being around people and that makes Hermosa Vineyards a truly unique experience. We were highly entertained throughout our stay and will definitely be back this summer when it's warmer. If you want a great glass of wine and a wonderful personal experience you should definitely visit Hermosa Vineyards.

Reviewed February 18, 2013

My best friend, husband, and I took a trip to visit wineries in our local town of Grand Junction on a weekend in February. By far our most memorable experience was Hermosa Vineyards. Not only did I find the perfect wine for myself (a nice Rojo) but my husband finally found a wine he loved that was made locally (Malbec). Ken made the experience fantastic, he answered all of our questions and even let us try some wine still in a barrel. If you want a cozy atmosphere, a one on one with the owner, great conversation, and phenomenal wine, this is the one to visit. Make sure in the colder months you call ahead so he is ready for you as it is a slower time of year, we almost missed him and we would have missed out.