“Fantastic Personal Experience”

Ranked #1 of 33 things to do in Palisade
More attraction details
Owner description: Palisade Vineyards and Winery
Reviewed February 18, 2013

My best friend, husband, and I took a trip to visit wineries in our local town of Grand Junction on a weekend in February. By far our most memorable experience was Hermosa Vineyards. Not only did I find the perfect wine for myself (a nice Rojo) but my husband finally found a wine he loved that was made locally (Malbec). Ken made the experience fantastic, he answered all of our questions and even let us try some wine still in a barrel. If you want a cozy atmosphere, a one on one with the owner, great conversation, and phenomenal wine, this is the one to visit. Make sure in the colder months you call ahead so he is ready for you as it is a slower time of year, we almost missed him and we would have missed out.

All reviews
"down to earth"
"grand junction"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed January 24, 2013

My boyfriend and I happened to stop by this winery on our way back from Telluride as we wanted to see some of the more unique wineries on the back roads of the Palisades. Having grown up in California (and having just come back from Italy), Chris and I consider ourselves smart /cultured wine connoisseurs (or we would like to think so, at least ;-). We were therefore delighted to meet Kenneth who impressed us with an interesting and unique bouquet of wines that were a challenge for our curious palate. Not only was Kenneth well versed in wine, he was also delightfully friendly and made our experience unforgettable. For example, after our “by-the-books” tasting, he invited us into the back of his shop to view the machine he created (ENTIRELY HIMSELF) to fill and label his wines- wow! Next, he pulled out some barrels and invited us to try one of his proclaimed “almost ready, almost perfect” white wines. He literally siphoned 2 glasses of wine for the two of us from this barrel and so tasting it felt totally top secret, which was delish! Finally, Kenneth told us to come back in the summer to try his cherry wine. I just about went nuts because I love cherry wine and was disappointed I couldn’t try it right then. But then what do you know, Kenneth went in the back and surprised us with a bottle of the cherry wine, which ended up being the cherry-on-top of this experience ☺. What a great time! I look forward to coming back in the summer, especially because Kenneth has more interesting stories (I am convinced) than the Dos Equis man. Ha ha

1  Thank Amanda K
Reviewed January 8, 2013

My husband and I will make the trip every year across the country to buy wine at Hermosa Vineyards. This is by far some of the best wine we've ever bought. We love the atmosphere of the wine tasting, very cozy with the wood stove fireplace keeping us warm. The owner is incredibly friendly and very knowledgeable about the wines he sells. I'm already looking forward to our next trip here!

1  Thank Sarah N
Reviewed January 1, 2013

A stop on the Fruit and Wine Byway, Hermosa Vineyards is one not to miss. Turning out some seriously fantastic reds, owner Ken is knowledgeable, friendly, and passionate about his job, evident in some of the best wine I've had. A pleasant place to hang out, great wine to add to the atmosphere, and great conversation.