“Wonderful Tour”

Meadery of the Rockies
Ranked #3 of 33 things to do in Palisade
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: As Colorado's first and most bee-loved meadery, Meadery of the Rockies makes an array of honey based wines. We start with pure, raw orange blossom honey, then ferment it. We also craft fruit wine and honey wine blends. They're blends of mead and fruit wines such as blackberry, strawberry and peach. We also carry fortified dessert wines. Mead is one of the oldest alcoholic drinks known to man and has a rich and interesting history. Stop by our tasting room in the heart of Palisade, CO to learn more and have complementary tastes of our mead.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stroller parking
Grand Junction, Colorado, United States
“Wonderful Tour”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Enjoyed the informative tour and bought several items after the tasting. Thank you for the personal attention.

Palm Springs, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“All the buzz is about the Meadery!”
Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Each time I return home to the Grand Valley to visit The Meadery is a must stop! Always pick up a couple bottles of wine to bring back home to California !

Visited July 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Meads and Melomels”
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

Great friendly service. Plesent store front with a good windowed view of the operattions. good selection of meads. Plus they offer a 20% military discount.

Lakewood, Colorado, United States
“MEAD!!!”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Love this place! they are one of the nicest people and so very helpful! So many great kinds of mead. Some even with chocolate!!

Siren, Wisconsin
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Buzzzzzing for Mead”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I am a fan of mead to beging with, so it didn't take any convincing to get me to stop at the Meadery of the Rockies. I loved trying the blends of mead with fruit, I am not sure which was my favorite, maybe the raspeberry chocolate. The woman doing the pouring was busy as a bee, but had a smile and answered any questions we had, she was a gem. The shop had lots of fun gifts; I discovered Honeyville Colorado's Mountain Peach Whipped Wildflower Honey....so good I bought three jars!