“Friendly and tasty!”

Meadery of the Rockies
Ranked #3 of 33 things to do in Palisade
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: As Colorado's first and most bee-loved meadery, Meadery of the Rockies makes an array of honey based wines. We start with pure, raw orange blossom honey, then ferment it. We also craft fruit wine and honey wine blends. They're blends of mead and fruit wines such as blackberry, strawberry and peach. We also carry fortified dessert wines. Mead is one of the oldest alcoholic drinks known to man and has a rich and interesting history. Stop by our tasting room in the heart of Palisade, CO to learn more and have complementary tastes of our mead.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stroller parking
Colorado Springs, Colorado
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Friendly and tasty!”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Stopped in during our annual trip to the agricultural lands of Western Colorado because my wife loves mead. I was a skeptic, as I've only had the sweet version of mead and am partial to dry wines. The Meadery pleasantly upended my previous notions of what mead can be.

They had approximately 20 meads to choose from, ranging from dry to fruity to sweet dessert wines. My wife started with the sweet mead and I started with the driest, and was pleased to find it more on the range of a chardonnay. I also found I really enjoyed the peach n honey mead, which had the delicious taste of a fresh Colorado peach. The first five tastes were free, and between my wife and I we easily narrowed down the meads we could agree on to bring home.

I wish we would have thought to ask how meads were made, and in retrospective I'm surprised we weren't offered any kind of a backstory. Not necessary to our enjoyment, but given the uniqueness of meads in the beverage world I would have thought this was part of the standard conversation. The woman who guided us in our tasting was very friendly and conversational, and we had an excellent time on a lazy Sunday afternoon.

Visited August 2012

Denver, Colorado
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Interesting but not sold”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Mead was an interesting tasting experience but way too sweet for me. The tasting room is spacious and is in a convenient location.

Visited July 2012
Glenn F, Owner at Meadery of the Rockies, responded to this review, July 28, 2012
We don't claim or expect that everyone will love our products. There's just no way. To give a "3" rating based on an individual's response to the products seems to miss the point. Everyone has different tastes and preferences. As readers can see in the vast majority of the reviews, LOTS of people love our products, but we don't think that's the question at hand. Our aim is to provide an interesting, fun, educational experience with a high level of customer service for every visitor. Whether or not they personally like the products is way outside our control. We hope the Trip Advisor community can appreciate the difference here.
United States
“What a cool place!”
Reviewed July 23, 2012

We love visiting the Meadery of the Rockies! Everyone is super friendly and willing to teach you anything you want to know. We have so much fun, are members of their club mead, and recommend to friends to visit. You HAVE to go!!

Longmont, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Excellent Experience”
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Meadery of the Rockies is a large, very clean and airy establishment with plenty of items to taste, choose and buy. Personnel are interested and helpful, but not pushy. I am partial to the peach mead which I've been buying for years. The mead doesn't seem to change year to year and will last, at least, up to five years - maybe beyond. My only problem is that the meadery is difficult to find due to the path that I-70 traces through town. Once found, however, the meadery is a wonderful place to stop, cool off, shop and eat. Bring a lunch.
I don't know if the meadery has bathroom facilities since I didn't need any, but I suppose that it does.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Dean C
Columbus, Ohio
96 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 130 helpful votes
“Nice visit with the family”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Enjoyed our visit. It was neat fort he kids to hear how wine is made. They have some very interesting flavors.

2 Thank Steinbrenner