“Great wine”

Meadery of the Rockies
Ranked #3 of 33 things to do in Palisade
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: As Colorado's first and most bee-loved meadery, Meadery of the Rockies makes an array of honey based wines. We start with pure, raw orange blossom honey, then ferment it. We also craft fruit wine and honey wine blends. They're blends of mead and fruit wines such as blackberry, strawberry and peach. We also carry fortified dessert wines. Mead is one of the oldest alcoholic drinks known to man and has a rich and interesting history. Stop by our tasting room in the heart of Palisade, CO to learn more and have complementary tastes of our mead.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Stroller parking
St Joseph, MO
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Great wine”
Reviewed June 17, 2012

My husband and I just traveled to the Palisade area and tried some of the wineries. The Meadery was by far the best one that we visited! The wines were very good, offering some unique flavors that we hadn't tried before. I wish we lived closer so that we could visit this winery more often.

Visited June 2012

Boulder, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Tasty mead”
Reviewed May 23, 2012

Delicious mead. I got a bottle of the King Arthur stuff, which they described as "off-dry," and my mead-hating friends actually were impressed. Kudos.

1 Thank 308DavidA
Denver
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Yum! Sweet Dessert Wine!”
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I stopped off at this winery in Palisade and I have to say I wasn't familiar with what a mead was until then nor honey wine. But I can say, if you haven't tried it and you enjoy dessert wines, DO IT!!! You will love it!! The honey mead was incredible and I've bought several bottles now based on the taste. They also sell a lot of other items made with fresh honey and decorative items. The staff was very accommodating in trying their wines too, which made it a very enjoyable visit. If you are traveling thru Palisade, put this on your places to stop. Enjoy!

1 Thank SK725
Salt Lake City, Utah
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Honey mead.....yes please!”
Reviewed May 20, 2012

One of my fave stops. We bought the Camelot, Blackberries N honey, and their chocolate cherry satin. It taste just like a cherry cordial candy.

Very friendly staff, 5 free samples and reasonable prices.

They also have amazing honey lotion. I had to get a few of them. :)

1 Thank pretty-as-a-peacock
Howell, New Jersey
“Wonderful Wines!”
Reviewed May 10, 2012

Love, love, love the Meadery of the Rockies. We are from Jersey, and never experienced the delicious wines found in the Meadery until one day, while visiting our daughter and her family, we came upon the store, and felt compelled to stop and sample some of their wines. To die for! As we were staying in Colorado for the week, we stocked up on several bottles and enjoyed the experience all week long.

Unfortunately, New Jersey does not allow shipping of wine from out of state to the Garden State, so we can only enjoy this pleasure when we visit Fortunately, that is several times a year.

We'll be going back to the Meadery of the Rockies, and all who travel out to the wineries of Colorado should do the same.

Visited March 2012