“Great Wedding Weekend at Wine Country Inn!”
Review of Wine Country Inn

Wine Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Palisade
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Wedding Weekend at Wine Country Inn!”
Reviewed August 18, 2010

Our family ended up at the Wine Country Inn to attend a wedding there. My room was in the Vinters House. Lush beds that were so comfy with loads of squishy pillows. I did not want to get out of bed. Room was large with flat screen t.v. and free WiFi. Bathroom was a little small. Nice granite counters. Hairdryer and makeup mirror came in handy. I forgot my toothbrush but they have a small giftshop that sold little amenities, thankfully!

Hotel is right off the I-70 which gets a lot of traffic, but I didn't hear a thing while sleeping. Wish I could say the same about some of the other guests who would let their doors slam shut coming and going. A little consideration please!

OMG the breakfast was amazing. Even better than some of the B&B's I've stayed at in the UK. Everything you could want. And every day it varied a little. Pancakes, french toast, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy, swiss bread that was filled with sausage and cheese, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereals, oatmeal, grits, fresh juices. Spectacular. Need more seating though.

Staff was very accommodating and helpful. Maids very friendly. The pool was very nice with a jacuzzi. Although everybody has to be out by 10 p.m. Friday night they had a band that played out by the pool and there was tons of dancing.

The wines tastings were very good and taken full advantage of them.

The only bad thing I can say is that in the Vinters House there is no elevator. I had to lug a very heavy suitcase up the stairs.

A truly lovely stay. Thank you.

Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed August 12, 2010

We had 5 incredible nights and 4 amazing days in Palisade, all at the Wine Country Inn. Our room was clean and very comfortable. Every member of the staff we met was helpful and friendly - we especially enjoyed our time with Mel, who tended bar and the pool and served at the wedding we attended. The pool/ hot tub were clean and well-apointed, and the entrie Inn is situated right next to a huge mesa. The little town is also charming, with friendly people and some amazing bakeries, restaurants, and an incredible little brewery where they smoke their own meat! Fanatastic sightseeing close by with the Grand Mesa and Monument. We hope to make it back soon!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed August 5, 2010

My wife and I stayed here for our honeymoon. The plan was to stay for a couple of days but after checking in we decided to move on after just one. The staff is not very pleasant and seemed more concerned about what I couldn't do than how they could help. The grounds and rooms are clean so that was a plus but the construction and feel to everything is cheap. Even the hot tub was so loud we couldn't even talk over it.

Honestly, not a terrible hotel. But for the price I'd stay in a B&B next time.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank denverguy_10
Denver, CO
Reviewed August 2, 2010

The hotel sits directly off of I-70 and traffic (semis, etc) can be heard constantly) and us surrounded by grapevines. WCI is very new and the grounds are kept very clean, however, the construction is sub par and was clearly done on the cheap. The walls are very thin and neighbors and hallway traffic can easily be heard. Cheap materials were also used throughout. Otherwise, the rooms are comfortable.

We stayed in the upstairs suite that has a kitchen/living room with two additional adjoining rooms. Be warned that if you pay the premium for the kitchen (which we did), there are hardly any utensils, etc. for cooking, serving and eating. Bring your own if you stay here with a group or you'll be forced to improvise like we gig - not a pretty sight. ((note that when I called to the front desk to ask for a baking sheet or large bowl I was told that they are not responsible for providing these items . . . although we were told that the kitchen was stocked with all common items))

The outside pool/hot tub (they call it a spa, lol) is great - especially in the middle of a Colorado summer.

The morning breakfast is decent but nothing special at all. I read several reviews raving about the breakfast, however, that was just not our experience.

The staff is not friendly, which really disappointed us. While we only encountered two blatantly rude people (front desk and breakfast staffer), the remaining were just okay. Smile and say hello, people!

All said, if you get a good rate, by all means stay here as I don't think you'll be disappointed. If, however you are looking for something more than a Marriott Courtyard or are offered a higher rate, stay elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank Byron W
Clifton, Colorado
Reviewed July 22, 2010

The whole experience was bad. When we checked in, the front desk was knowledgeable and incredible rude. I was there to get ready for my wedding that was just down the street, than coming back for the evening. The directions to my room were poor, and come to find out that they DO NOT help with baggage. I was informed they are not a full service hotel. Three men stood at the desk, watching me carry my luggage, wedding dress and purse without even thinking about helping. I was not informed that while I had to walk a maze to find the door to our building, there was no elevator. With all my luggage and dress, I carried it to the top floor. I open the door to the honeymoon sweet, expecting the wine, chocolates, strawberries and more that was promised in the pamphlet, and find nothing. Just a miserably small bathroom, and a room that was the size of my living room, with nothing more than a desk, tv and bed. After dressing, we head down stairs to leave for the wedding, and the front desk MEN are talking about a girl in the lobby, saying some completely inappropriately things about her, only to discover it was my sister they were talking about. Vulgar was an understatement. When called on it, they said it was one of there ex girlfriends. OK. Talked to manager, and he did nothing about it. It was at this point that the front desk guy walked over and handed me cash, saying that he charged me twice and this was my refund. Nice. When asked about the wine, they said there was nothing saying we were suppose to get that.

Later that night, when we came back from the wedding, I needed to stop into the gift shop to find a few toiletries we forgot, my contact case and solution to name a few. The didn't have any of that stuff, saying that there was a store down the street that should still be open. After calling a friend, because we didn't have a car, they wouldn't call the room for us, she had to go outside and use a cell phone of a guest.

The only part of the trip that was good was the gravy. The complimentary breakfast was eggs, hashbrowns, toast, biscuits and gravy. Lacking for what the room cost. At the Motel 6, you get all that, waffles and more. The gravy was awesome. That was the highlight to the whole weekend. I called later that week, after returning from our honeymoon, talked to a manager, and he said he would see what he could do, fix it, that he was going to send out a certificate for a night on him, to return. That was six weeks ago, and we live 8 miles from Palisade. Nothing yet. Not holding my breath.

It was a huge let down, for my wedding night, for that hotel, and for a $600 a night room. They say you get what you paid for, and I know that I was raped. Definitely DO NOT RECOMMEND!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank tipadee
Kansas
Reviewed July 20, 2010

I just stayed at Wine Country Inn in Palisade,Colorado for the first time last weekend and was so happy with the hotel and grounds ,the restaurant,and all the fun extras included with the room. A lovely wine reception every day,great jazz concert by the pool on Fridays,gourmet full breakfast every morning,nice pool and hot tub,and beautifully appointed rooms.Quiet yet full of happy country energy with an amazingly helpful staff.I will stay here again and have recommended it to everyone passing through or visiting Mesa County that I know.A real jewel and a great value!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Oceanside, California
Reviewed July 9, 2010

My husband and I stayed only one night on a trip from Colorado to California, we enjoyed it so much that next time we’ll stay two. The Inn is clean, beautifully decorated and landscaped, and the setting is spectacular. We had a king size standard room that was very comfortable and also beautifully decorated, complete with microwave and small refridgerator, the towels were wonderful and the bed heavenly (my husband is still talking about it). The staff was informative and friendly without being pushy, and the wine reception is a nice touch. Morning breakfast is one of the best we’ve had in a hotel/inn setting, lots of variety and the eggs were delicious. We’re looking forward to our next road trip, this will definitely be a regular stop.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palisade
Best Western Grande River Inn & Suites
DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Junction
Clarion Inn Grand Junction
Clarion Inn Grand Junction
#7 of 28 in Grand Junction
SpringHill Suites Grand Junction Downtown/Historic Main Street
La Quinta Inn & Suites Grand Junction
Dreamcatcher Bed and Breakfast

Been to Wine Country Inn? Share your experiences!