“Thin walls, poor front desk employees”
Review of Wine Country Inn

Wine Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Palisade
Reviewed May 14, 2010

Stayed here on business. For a relatively new hotel - rooms have very thin walls. Neighbor had television on WAY to loud until 11:30 pm and front desk would not assist in quieting customer.

Also, I had booked through a travel site for two nights. Upon returning to my room, there was a voicemail that I was only booked for 1 night? That issue was resolved, but when I went to check out the receipt I was supplied was not the same as I was charged through the travel site and the employee did not know how to give me a corrected receipt!!!

The travel site stated that the hotel was responsible and now no cooperation from this hotel!

I dislike staying in Grand Junction as it is and was hoping this would be a viable solution, but I was incorrect.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank SaBrSa

Reviewed April 23, 2010

My wife and I visit several times a year to relax and just get away. Most of the times we have stayed in gj. We saw this property while touring the local wineries, we stopped to inquire about the amenities. We booked our rooms for 3 nights. rooms ex, service was 6 star, haha, they deserve an extra star. The owner of the property happened to be there when I was checking out and only meeting him one time, he remembered where i came to visit from, but wished us a safe journey home. About the restaurant,I cook well but I wll never hear the end of the quality of the meals served by the staff from my wife. I will recomend and refer. To relax and enjoy I suggest you try. Mike, Kim

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kisaprincess
Reviewed February 2, 2010

Overall this is a fine hotel with very comfortable rooms and beds. It is also very clean and has attentive staff. That being said, the setting and atmosphere seem forced. It is a fairly large hotel that is trying to be a small quaint inn nestled in the vines. Unfortunately the views on one half of the inn are dominated by the interstate. This detracts from the charm and atmosphere. It is also fairly expensive. Overall, you will be satisfied but not overly impressed by the Wine Country Inn. We are looking forward to trying some of the small B&B's the next time we are in the area.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Drew B
Reviewed December 29, 2009

We made our reservation online and received the managers special room rate, a great way to save a few bucks. From the minute we checked in to the moment of check out the staff were friendly, attentive, and polite. The breakfasts were fabulous and the variety was excellent. A wafflemaker would be a nice addition to their offering. We very much enjoyed the afternoon wine reception where we enjoyed samples of their private label wines. We enjoyed relaxing by the fireplace sipping on warm tea as we wrapped up our day. The outdoor hot tub was also a highlight on a cold winters day. We enjoyed the Christmas decorations including the display of local gingerbread contest winners. We wish all the staff of the WCI a joyous and successful new year.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ColoTraveler45
Reviewed November 28, 2009

Great Beds. Happy hour includes free glass of local wine. The stay also includes a full breakfast that is better than any I have seen outside of a few more expensive Bed & Breakfasts.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed September 25, 2009

The only thing we could say about this hotel is that the wevbsite doesn't do it justice. Normally, what you see on the web is worse than what you get but the Wine Country Inn looks better in person than on the web. Great place to stay, friendly staff, nice beds and a good breakfast. Downtown Palisade lacks good food, though.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed September 21, 2009

We thoroughly enjoyed our trip to the Wine Country Inn and highly recommend it to all travelers. We arrived too late for the wine reception, but the breakfast the next morning was freshly prepared and presentation was excellent. This is the kind of place for complete relaxation and enjoyment.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palisade
Best Western Grande River Inn & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Grand Junction
SpringHill Suites Grand Junction Downtown/Historic Main Street
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Grand Junction
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suit...
#11 of 28 in Grand Junction
DoubleTree by Hilton Grand Junction
Clarion Inn Grand Junction
Clarion Inn Grand Junction
#4 of 28 in Grand Junction

Been to Wine Country Inn? Share your experiences!