“Perfect hub for Colorado Wine Country”
Review of Wine Country Inn

Wine Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Palisade
Reviewed March 29, 2009

My wife and I traveled here specifically to visit the ‘Wine Country’. We could not have found a better center for doing just that. Along with the Inn there were two other wineries within easy walking distance and several more within easy biking distance (had the weather cooperated!) The vineyards and orchards make for a very pretty and relaxing backdrop for easing out of the high pace of life and just taking it easy. Along with the many wonderful vineyards/wineries (of which there are about 19 in the Grand Junction area, most of them around Palisades) there were a couple of good breweries and a small distillery in the area.

Of the Inn itself, we cannot express how satisfied we were in the experience. The rooms are decently sized and well appointed. Though it is close to I-70 and you can see the trains go by from behind the property there was almost no highway or train noise in the room. The breakfast was very good and filling. While we were there it featured eggs, hash browns, waffles, cereals, and breads as well as fruits. There was also a wine reception every night were you can sample the Inn’s wines and have a complementary glass of your favorite along with cheese and different crackers.

The only negative I would say about the property is it might be somewhat dangerous for unattended kids. We do not have kids, but it struck me that, particularly in the summer, it would be somewhat scary to let kids run free on the property without very close supervision. The property is in the middle of a working vineyard and there is an irrigation canal very near the Inn as well as all the other hazards when thinking about an aquaculture area (chemical spraying, trip hazards, equipment, bees and other stinging insects, etc.)

All in all one of the best mini vacations my wife and I have ever taken. Very high on our list of places to come back to!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wolfshowl

Reviewed March 24, 2009

Possibly one of the best places we have ever stayed at while traveling across country.
Think of a luxury hotel mixed with a relaxed down home feel and that is what Wine Country Inn is about. It has a beautiful lobby, lots of rocker recliners to sit in, and a hot tub that is actually open late. But the best part was being greeted by Jesse who works there at the front desk, after check in, he brought my husband and I cheese and wine. Where do you find that kind of service?!!! The rooms were perfect; the beds (queen sized!!) were very comfortable with quality sheets and comforter. The bathroom was spacious (as was the room) and was so clean it sparkled. My family was pleased with the complimentary breakfast, which was very good, and included omelets and waffles! I think my family took advantage of everything this Inn had to offer - from the free internet service, in room refrigerators, the fitness center and of course - the hot tub.
My only suggestion for the Inn would be to put rubber bumpers on the sliding bathroom doors, so when children use the bathroom and pull the door shut with too much force, it won't bang hard and make noise.
I hope this place not only survives this economy (since it opened in August 2008) but grows and expands to other locations. This place takes service and comfort to a whole new level and puts just about every other place you can imagine to shame.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed March 4, 2009

My family and I sayed here 1 night on our way to California and couldn't be more pleased with the hotel. The hotel is brand spankin' new and looks it. The rooms are very nice and the front desk staff was very professional. They offered a "happy hour" and a breakfast, but we missed both because we were on a tight schedule. :-(

We won't stay anywhere else when we're back in the Grand Junction area.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed November 18, 2008

What a great find! A beautiful hotel, well appointed, with elegant touches. The rooms were nicely decorated, the bed was comfortable, and the porches with rocking chairs were an added treat. The staff was all very pleasant. Even though it is located a bit out of the way, it's easily accessible off of I-70.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2008

We stayed at the Wine Country Inn for a weekend getaway that was amazing! Poolside breakfast, short drives to local vineyards and wineries, and friendly staff were included in our wonderful stay! Our room was also very clean, comfortable and well decorated! I would recommend the Wine Country Inn to anyone looking to get away!

Reviewed October 3, 2008

The Wine Country Inn was a true trip saver for my husband and me. We had checked into another hotel in Grand Junction, CO. We woke up the next morning at 9am in a hotel with not a drop of water to be had - for showers, toilets, or drinking. The hotel was very unwilling to even provide bottled water so we could brush our teeth. I had noticed the Wine Country Inn as we drove into Grand Junction and thought at the time it looked so inviting. I called the Wine Country Inn at 10am and explained the situation to them. They immediately said to come on over and they would provide us with a room so we could shower and prepare ourselves for the day. By 10:30 that morning we were checked into a lovely room, spacious, clean, nicely decorated, with a porch overlooking the working swimming pool. After we settled in and finally brushed our teeth we explored the surrounding vineyard, walked to several wineries, and shopped several local produce stands. The inn's evening wine tasting and the breakfast provided the next morning were outstanding. I can not say enough about the staff at the Wine Country Inn - they were so caring and so responsive to our situation. Bottom line? Don't stay at a chain hotel in Grand Junction........stay at the Wine Country Inn in Palisade, Colorado!!

Reviewed September 16, 2008

I love this hotel. I stay in alot of hotels, because I travel for a living. This hotel deserves a " 10 " in my book. It has easy access off I-70, and is surrounded by vineyards. The rooms are very clean and the decor is outstanding. The rooms have all the ammenities plus a microwave and fridge, and free wireless internet. The pool and hottub looked very inviting and clean. They were both open. The breakfast was more than I expected, eggs, bacon, waffles, pastries, fruit. Oh, They have wine tasting in the afternoon, what a treat. The owners really put their heart into this hotel. I hated to leave, I felt at home. This would be an awesome place for a wedding with the beautiful landscaping and gazeboes. The staff was very helpful and know the area well. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palisade
Best Western Grande River Inn & Suites
#6 of 28 in Grand Junction
Courtyard Grand Junction
Courtyard Grand Junction
#13 of 28 in Grand Junction

Been to Wine Country Inn? Share your experiences!