“Excellent last minute accommodations at a great value.”
Review of Wine Country Inn

Wine Country Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Palisade
Reviewed March 26, 2013

My fiancé and I were driving from LA to Denver and made a last minute decision to stay here at 2:30 AM. Exhausted, all we wanted was someplace clean and comfortable to crash for a few hours. For a great off-season rate, we got sooo much more. Donna was so helpful, she was quick and happy to be of service, which is exactly what you want as a weary midnight traveler. We were so happy that we're actually planning on coming back for a weekend getaway during fruit season. A very pleasant experience.

• Stayed: March 2013

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We stopped on our way through and enjoyed a night's stay. The location is right off the interstate in the middle of some small vineyards and right next to a winery and a two-winery tasting room. It is also within a long but reasonable walking distance from many other wineries, a distillery, and lots of fruit stands and markets. The facility is relatively new and in good shape. The hotel has what I would call and economy-upscale look. There are two eating facilities serviced by one kitchen. We each received a complementary glass of house wine at the bar and a morning buffet was included. They have an outdoor pool (Closed for winter) and an exercise room

On arrival we were walk-ins and since it was a very light night the desk clerk immediately offered us a significant discount rate. When they are close to full, or in season don't expect a significant discount but they do have AAA and AARP rates. This trip we are travelling with a puppy and they have a few dog friendly rooms but it is at a $35 upcharge (A bit pricey) and have a $50 deposit(I haven't yet checked to see if we've gotten it back yet) Staff was very attentive and friendly.

We ate at the hotel that evening and food was good –I plan to report that separately under restaurants. The morning buffet was fairly basic and good but not quite the quality I expected after the evening meals we had

We loved the location, helpful staff, and their accommodation for dogs. If we spend more time in the area we will very likely return there.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2013

I've passed it several times on I-70, so it was a bit surreal for it to be our destination for a wine tasting weekend in February, but the Wine Country Inn was a respite after a long drive through the mountains. The staff seemed helpful and friendly, and the lobby and restaurant where free breakfast is served each morning are both nice. The room was a little plain, finished similarly to larger hotel chains without much character, although the historical pictures on the walls of the room and throughout the hotel add a nice touch. The walls were a little thin, you can hear your neighbors and whoever is in the hallway, but overall it's a great place to stay considering how small Palisade is, without commuting from Grand Junction.
I certainly appreciate what this hotel is doing. Allowing a larger place for travelers to come stay while touring the wine country with the comfort and privacy of their own hotel room is a very smart idea for the area. I would definitely recommend staying here if you are headed to Palisade during any season.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Stayed here for a business trip at the end of February, 2013. This is a lovely hotel, with beautiful furnishings decorated throughout with amazing old black and white photographs that any antique collector would drool over! The staff is friendly, the rates are reasonable, the setting is exquisite, and the free continental breakfast is like none other I've ever experienced. Fresh, homemade bread, blueberry pancakes, eggs, . . . I could keep going on! Would be a great place to plan a wedding!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

We stay here whenever we make our way to Denver. We stumbled upon it years ago and it is now our favorite place to stay in this part of CO! Great staff, lovely property with such attention to detail, cozy rooms with comfy beds and always a delicious breakfast. We wish all hotels were as consistent as this one with their service.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed January 1, 2013

This business was very generous and donated a 2 night stay to the local college during a fundraising event and I was the lucky winner. We stayed one night and enjoyed a very quiet evening and a delicious breakfast which was included in the room rate. The staff was very friendly and competent. It looks like a very nice place for a wedding!

Room Tip: We had room on the southeast side of the southern most building. It had a great view of Grand Mesa...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 3, 2012

Overall, this is a beautiful hotel. It is one of the finest I have stayed at in my travels abroad. I live in GJ and decided to plan a wonderful night at the "Wine Country Inn" with my husband for his birthday as well as reservations for the restaurant 'Caroline's'. While I cannot find any cons to the actual hotel, I must say that the food was a real let down. We cancelled our reservations for Caroline's as the menu did not seem to appease to our palate. The prices were high ($28/plate) and consisted of unique items such as frog legs, antelope, rabbit. We went to the 'Tapas' lounge in the hotel and the menu was very much the same. I stuck with 2 items off the appetizer list (1) a cheese plate that was suppose to be cheeses from around the world with lavosh and crackers-what I got was American cheddar cubes, white cheddar cubes and something else with 2 strawberries and 12 grapes and no crackers/lavosh ($19); and (2) a crab cake ($15) that tasted old and too sweet. My pet peeve... misrepresentation. Needless to say, my husband ordered the bbq pork sandwich with steak fries ($15) and chicken skewers ($9). The fries were undercooked and greasy. We returned the fries and an hour, later, there were still no fries, only apologies from our waitress. Finally, we decided that the fries were not coming and asked for a desert for my husband's b-day. The desert was complimentary. We overheard the waitress tell the Chefs to cancel the fries and all we could hear were moans and complaints from them clear out into the dining area. In the end, meals plus 2 beers and 1 glass of wine put the final bill $80. I'd stick with pizza next time!

Room Tip: Great hotel! Spacious rooms and very clean. Nice showers and toiletries. Staff are very hospitable...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Palisade
Best Western Grande River Inn & Suites
#6 of 28 in Grand Junction
Residence Inn Grand Junction
Residence Inn Grand Junction
#9 of 28 in Grand Junction

Been to Wine Country Inn? Share your experiences!