“Great wines!”
Review of Colorado Cellars

Colorado Cellars
Ranked #15 of 33 things to do in Palisade
More attraction details
Owner description: Tasting room, wide variety of fruit wines, mead and specialty food items.
Lovelady, Texas
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Great wines!”
Reviewed October 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

They have a huge variety of wines. Dry, semi-sweet, sweet, fruit and also two meads. I prefer sweet, some fruit and both the meads. They have a great little gift shop too! This is probably my favorite of all the wineries I've visited in the area! :)

Visited August 2013
1 Thank GrayWolf85

Denver, CO
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 176 helpful votes
“Another one...”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

with a tasting fee... but they don't tell you when you come in. There is an obscure sign in the corner by the rinse sink that tells you its $7.50 per person if you don't buy!!

Granted they have most of their wines "on tap" for self service. They hand you a small glass and tell you what they have. Sign says please limit to 1/2 glass per wine. Glass provided in itself might be 1.5 ounces max. For $7.50/person I say go for it and fill 'er up!!

We were there only to taste so we only poured enough wine to taste, typically a small less than half ounce pour. I'm interested in the product produced not to get intoxicated.

The "sweet" wines are on the counter and are poured by the servers. Obviously their is no limit here as they fill the tiny glasses. In general too much for a simple tasting.

If you're goinng to charge for tasting... put the sign on the door, front of the building... somewhere it can be seen prior to entering so we as consumers can decide whether the charge is something we wish to pay. Don't suprise us with an obscure sign stuck in a corner that you won't see until you rinse your glass from the first taste - when its too late!! I felt like I was forced to make a purchase. Luckily I liked their port and my wife found a couple of food items she wanted so we avoided that possibly uncomfortable situation if we had decided to leave without buying anything.

As I've said in other posts where the tasting charge came up... if you want people to experience your product and make an immediate or future purchase - lighten up!! If you're afraid people will abuse the tasting, take out the self serve bar and do limited pours. I'm sure it will pay off over the long haul!!

Visited October 2013
2 Thank alar1960
Brighton, Colorado, United States
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Nice winery, great wines”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is one of the oldest wineries in Colorado. The staff was very knowledgeable about their wines and very friendly. We liked that we could taste their wines at our leisure and not have to wait for someone to serve us. They have a wall with their wines on display and a tap so you can pour some wine in to your glass. They start with the dry wines and you move up to their sweet wines. They also have their fruit wines at a separate table. Of all the wineries we visited they had the most selection. We bought several bottles of wine here and will definitely be back the next time we visit.

Visited September 2013
Surprise, Arizona
194 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 235 helpful votes
“Self serve wine tasting kiosk”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Strangest wine tasting I have ever been to. This is not your usual wine tasting. You walk in and a lady gives you a tiny glass and then shows you a wooden showcase encased with about 10 of their wines that are hooked up to hoses and tappers just like at a brewery or bar, however you pour it yourself in your little glass then go and self serve your bottles if you want to purchase any of the wines.Kind of like in a grocery store. Only tried a couple and they tasted like Annie Green Springs.They had a sign that if you did not purchase any bottles you would have to pay 7.50 for the tasting. You have to be kidding.Not for that stuff. The lady did say don't worry about it. If you are new to wine, maybe this would be the place to go, but there are much better ones on the wine trail.

Visited August 2013
Syracuse, New York
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Too Sweet”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

This vineyard has a wide variety of fruit and grape wines to try. They give you a glass and you fill up your glass from the taps (set number). We were uncomfortable pouring our own wine as the host stared at us from behind the counter. She was not very friendly so we didn't feel like we could ask questions and engage in conversation about each individual wine. It may just be personal opinion but all of the wines here were way too sweet. However, I enjoyed their chocolates and mustards.

Visited April 2013