“BEST DEAL IN PAGOSA”

Ranked #9 of 15 Hotels in Pagosa Springs
Pagosa Springs, Colorado
“BEST DEAL IN PAGOSA”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2010

My son and I stayed here while his apartment was being de-molded and Irek and Mary, the managers made us feel right at home. They served a hearty hot breakfast with home made biscuits, gravy, fresh fruit, yogurt, eggs as well as cereals, bagels and toast. The pool was great and included a large sized hot tub. The rooms were spacious and bathrooms very roomy. The beds large and comfy. It is well located at Pagosa Lakes, a short trip to downtown or the other way to the supermarket. They let you use the computer for free and don't even charge for printing. It couldn't have been better. I was sleeping on an air mattress at my son's apt, so this was heaven.

Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank oldewald

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Westminster, CO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2010

We booked our room here many months ago when it was still Holiday Inn--so there was a little mix up in our reservation when we arrived as we had not been informed of the change by another online travel agent. The family that now runs this hotel took great care of us, found us another room (at another hotel, as theirs was booked for the night), let us eat breakfast and use the pool at the pool until the room became available the next day. I felt so taken care of, and almost like were regulars. The rooms are very clean, the breakfast very nice, and good travel information notebook in the lobby describing hiking, etc.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
san diego, ca
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2010

Our stay at the Hillside Inn was nothing short of refreshing. It is located away from the hype of central Pagosa Springs but is all you need. We found our rooms very comfortable and clean, and the staff were more than helpful. We do come to Pagosa Springs every couple of years, and I think we found our go-to hotel.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2009

Hotel Rooms Unclean-
Stained sheets, covers, bedskirt;curtains;"food" on the curtain pull; stain on wall near the TV;counter and edge in the bathroom was caked with dirt; switchplate in bathroom dirty;telephone disgusting;
Chair-huge stain;pull nob from the sink stopper was not there; all the vending machines were out of order; We were given another room and the rate was discounted $12-15 however the second room was dirty as well but not to the extent of the first room. If it hadn't been so late in the day we would have stayed elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Pagosa Springs hotels

chicago
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2009

This was a new Holiday Inn Express that was still under construction. It's conveniently located close to the interstate and to the springs. The room was larger and nicer than I had expected. The lady at the front desk was very kind. The overall feel of the hotel was excellent. Although I did not use it, the pool looked very clean and kept. The only thing I disliked was the TV because of the bad reception. The lack of programming did not help but that was not the hotel's fault.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2009

We were on a Motorcycle trip and passed through Pagosa Springs and stayed at this Holiday Inn Express and found it to be very pleasant. I do not know what the others are talking about. I found the gentlemen to be polite when I asked questions. I find that if you are polite you will have the same courtesy returned to you. It is an older place that has been renovated. At the moment they are redoing the stucco on the outside. We were there on the weekend, so no work was being done. The breakfast was fine, yes, the breakfast room is small but that was the only disadvantage.. The pool was the cleanest one that I had soon on our trip. It is large and as I swim daily, I took advantage of that. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
Durango, Colorado
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2009

I travel ~80% of the time for business and stay in HEI and Hamptons.

I booked this room with HEI points. Upon check in this inn keeper started the greeting by how much he hated Holiday Inn, how they cheated him, how he was sabotaging the franchise agreement.

At 1 AM drunks came into the room next to ours and started screaming and banging on the walls. I called the front desk for 15 minutes, no answer. I got dressed and went downstairs to find the night clerk who was in a different area and couldn't hear the phone. After several calls and trips she resolved the noise around 2:45 AM.

Mattress in the king room was worn out, full of ridges and valleys.

The next morning I asked the owner if I could get credit for the night since we didn't sleep very much past the incident and explained the circumstances. The inn keeper stated that we didn't leave and find another hotel, then no refund and continued to state that it was a free night what did I expect.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple