“old Hotel in need of repair”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Pagosa Springs
Los Alamos, New Mexico
“old Hotel in need of repair”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

The staff was pleasant and cooperative. The heater in our room made so much noise that we had to turn it off and then wake up and turn it on when we got cold. The bathroom fan did not work. The hotel odor lets you know they allow smokers. The continental breakfast very skimpy.

Room Tip: Close to the Springs and much cheaper than the Springs hotel. Request a room in main building so yo...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Aztec, New Mexico, United States
Reviewed February 13, 2013

My wife and I have stayed at this motel a few times. The big reason we stay here is it's across the hot springs and sentimental value to the town. Every time we have stayed, the hotel staff was very helpful and kind. This last stay (2/12/13) was no exception. Very friendly and did what he could to get us the room we wanted.

We stayed in the King Deluxe room. My wife was thrilled about the pillows and the room was spacious.

The motel itself is clean and decent, although don't expect a higher class hotel. It's not fancy, but it is comfortable.

Room Tip: We've stayed in a few variations. I recommend the King Deluxe.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 5, 2013

The lodge is beautiful, and the staff was very welcoming. I would be awesome if the restaurant and bar hours could be extended, as both provided a wonderful experience. My overall stay was very enjoyable and relaxing.

• Stayed January 2013
Espanola, New Mexico
Reviewed January 28, 2013

After reading some negative reviews, I was skeptical when booking a room here, however I was impressed. Upon arrival, an employee named Christina greeted me. She was professional, fast, friendly and well-informed. I was able to check in a little early. My room was clean and had the basics. Wi-Fi was fast and free, the beds were soft and comfortable, location was perfect, and the 3.99 upgrade breakfast was a great deal with great service. The front desk also provided us with towels for the Springs. I will stay here again and recommend this place to my family and friends. This is not a first class resort, but it had everything and more that I would expect from a value level hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Moore, Oklahoma
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Wasn't for sure about this place especially after learning they were no longer affiliated with BestWestern. Checked in under a very reasonable rate fit the middle of January and ski season ($68). No this place is nothing fancy but when you're skiing all day and hitting the springs or the sights at night then all you're doing is sleeping there. To which they have clean comfortable rooms with soft beds and cable TV. The springs are directly across the street and a couple of Restauraunts are only a block or two away.

• Stayed January 2013
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Stayed for three nights over the holidays. Admitteldy, the town seemed to be at full capacity, but Oak Ridge was overwhelmed. When we booked, we were told we could stay in one room for the first two nights, then would moved to a second room for night three. The room was spartan, to say the least,; getting an extra pillow to augment the wafer-thin thing they gave us was a chore. And the supposedly-seamless move to the other room literally left us waiting in the lobby for over an hour, our bags heaped in their back office. Oh, the "continental breakfast" was the worst I've ever seen--watery coffee, instant oatmeal, cheerios. Hot tub fits maybe four people. Would definitely advise NOT staying there.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
jlinneus, General Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this review, January 24, 2013
Dear Sir:

First and foremost, please allow me to apologize for the fact that you felt your stay with us was not up to par.

The holidays, (as you noted), can be a crazy time for our little town, and we do our very best to accomodate guests that book late or last minute. Unfortunately, when we do have to have a guest move during their stay, and everyone is trying to get up on the mountain, the best we can do is store your items behond our front desk to give the housekeeping staff the needed time to get the room clean for you from the guest prior. Again, we do try our hardest to accomodate the needs of all of our guests to the best of our abilities, and regret when we fail to do so.

As far as breakfast is concerned, we do offer what is called a basic continental breakfast which is more than any other hotel in our area offers. In addition, we offer 2 different full hot breakfast options for only $3.99 to our guests which is a better breakfast price then any other restaurant in town. We also have a full menu with extremely competitive prices as well. We again, do our very best to offer all of our guests the best ammenities and value for the price, and again, regret when we have a guest unhappy with our efforts.

I do hope you will give us a shot again, I believe you will find a much different experience.

Shanah Schaffer, General manager

Travelers are raving about these Pagosa Springs hotels

Katy, Texas
Reviewed January 22, 2013

Chose to stay here as it was close to the Springs and the price was much lower then surrounding hotels. It was a room for the night so I didn't have to drive on after relaxing in the Springs until late at night. It is a value level hotel so no frills or deluxe accommodations were had or expected. The check in was slow but that was expected as I didn't have a reservation. The guy in front of me didn't have on either so it was a long process. The room was what I expected with all of the basic necessities. Bed was ok. I slept good especially after sitting in the Springs for a few hours. But the best part of the stay was in the morning. We left the hotel about 9:00 and went to eat breakfast in the city. I received a call from the hotel letting me know that they had found a wallet in one of our rooms. We asked around and it turned out to be my nephews. He didn't realize it until I asked. We returned to the hotel and the house keeping staff promptly returned the wallet with all of the cash still in it. This may not seem like a big deal but this is the first time we have ever recovered anything that we ever left in a hotel room. I was impressed that the front desk actually called to let me know they had it. Kudos to the housekeeping staff for their honesty.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
It is so nice of you to take the time to publicly acknowledge the efforts of our staff. We hope that every guest feels like family, and you were a wonderful group! We look forward to seeing you again sometime!

Thank you!