“A slice of Heaven”

Elkwood Manor Bed & Breakfast
Reviewed July 5, 2013

My husband and I got married at Elkwood Manor 5 years ago. We were so amazed by the beauty of the B&B and its natural surroundings we HAD to come back. Dan and Darlene are truly beautiful people and it shines in their establishment. The rooms are all very spacious, warm, inviting, clean, and Darlene adds her special touch with embroidered washcloths upon your arrival. The family style breakfast offers a warm fresh start to the morning, and Darlene cooks up some great “comfort food” with a touch of first class cuisine. My only regret is that we don’t live closer to take advantage of this little slice of heaven more often.

I highly recommend Elkwood Manor, either for a romantic get-away, girls wine weekend, or if you are lucky enough like us for your perfect wedding destination.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 26, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Elkwood Manor for a weekend. The manor is very nice and well taken care of. The room was great and very clean. The food was very delicious and prepared with a lot of care and attention. The main dining room was very nice to sit and enjoy a wonderful breakfast before heading out for the day. My wife and I will definitely go back for our next trip to the Pagosa Springs area. I would recommend the Elkwood Manor for anyone looking for a great bed and breakfast in the Pagosa Springs area.

Room Tip: We stayed on the lower floor, which does require using the stairs but the room was very quiet Large...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 19, 2013

April special on room rate helped us to decide to stay here. We were on a couples retreat, and we really enjoyed our stay here. Everything was first class. We definitely recommend! We enjoyed the wine tastings and the breakfasts.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 12, 2013

We first stayed here on New Year's Eve five years ago because we did not want to drive all the way across town back to our home after a NYE party. We enjoyed ourselves immensely -- and this from a man who generally does not enjoy staying at a B&B. Darlene and Dan are perfect hosts. A special touch is the face cloth you'll find in the bathroom for each guest embroidered with your name. Every breakfast is a different gourmet delight. The views are spectacular. At Christmastime the decorations are delightful. This NYE overnight became a lovely habit for us, and we repeated our visits for several years. Now our NYE party hosts are moving away so we can only recommend this B&B to out-of-towners: Stay here and you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2013

Not sure where to begin.....My husband and I had the great pleasure of staying at the Elkwood Inn.....this B&B is top notch....I would rate it a five star plus.....the scenery is amazing, amazing.....accommodations were luxury, luxury....We have stayed at many B&B this one was the nicest place.....breakfast was delicious, delicious, we were rushed for time and could only stay one night.....I would have stayed a week if we were not so rushed....Darlene said we were her first Canadian guests.....We were very glad to have meet you both....thanks again for a GREAT STAY... from your first CANADIANS....(ps loved the embroidered face towels)...

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
elkwood, Owner at Elkwood Manor Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2013

What a fabulous review! We certainly enjoyed your company and are so glad to have met you. Maybe we will get to Canada one of these days. We'll stop by and say hello. Thanks again.

Darlene

Reviewed April 5, 2013

We, my wife and I, had the best time during our 5 day stay at the Elkwood B&B. EVERYTHING was exceptional. Being so close to Pagosa Springs but not in Pagosa made the experience a real treat. The land and scenery around Elkwood is spectacular, yet is only a few minutes from Pagosa Springs where we could dine at the Alley House, our favorite restaurant. I highly recommend the Elkwood.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 287ScottR
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I am so glad I found this place through tripadvisor! It was great! We were going to Pagosa Springs and at first I had only found some hotels in town that just looked OK to me. Darlene runs a great place, the rooms are very nice, the view is fantastic and the hospitality could not be better. Breakfast was great everyday. 100% recommended

Room Tip: All the rooms are ery nice; the room in the main floor (that has 2 separate rooms) does not have a v...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family